Reasons for being a FZ6R Owner

WenMark

Cool looking bike that makes other envious
Good MPG, Sporty, Comfortable
4 different colors depending on your personality

Okay..I got you started lets hear yours...:)

JSP

Super Moderator
Great looking bike.
Perfect riding position for me.
Comfy ;)
Much more power than my last bike.
Pretty cheap price.
Not many have them yet.
User friendly.

area

Transformer headlight
sport seat position
not common (yet)
very forgiving
very sexy looking
this forum

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

cbzdel

I wanted a sport bike.. was gonna get a ninja 250.. found this 600 for not much more, figured why not got for the big boy instead of upgrading in a year or so..

that being said, price was the number one reason I bought it :)

GoGreen09

unlike most of everyone here, I came across the FZ6R purely by accident. I was checking out the Suzuki and Kawi offerings at my dealer and almost "settled" for the Ninja 250. He showed me this bike and I never even heard of it. For not much more money than the Ninja, I'm so glad the sales guy showed me this bike.

artkatz111

I also came upon the FZ6R by accident. I took my Honda Shadow to the shop for a minor repair, and I sat on some bikes while I was waiting. Was totally not interested in a new bike. A few hours later, I had fallen in love with it and traded in the Honda. Couldn't help but feel a little guilty like I was ditching the Honda for another boyfriend or something. Weird huh?

fz6rwolf

Light (as compared to cruisers I owned)
Good looking
Comfortable positioning!!!!
Price

phocoyote7

Well after back surgery had to look for a sport bike that had a more upright riding position. Suzuki GSXR 600 was going to be my first choice prior to surgery, still drool when I see one, back does feel a ton better so maybe down the road........ oh anyway back to FZ6R

Yamaha Blue, does it get more pretty than that?
Upright riding position
Full fairing sport bike
Gentle beginner bike w/great power and very forgiving

Man I could go on forever naming great things about this bike, hate crappy weather when I can't ride, and smile in my helmet every time I ride this bike. Might add I have had a lot of people stare.

xplodnstar

Seat Height
Riding Position
Price Point
Ergonomics
Sexy Styling
Uncommon Bike
More Power (than 250)
PRETTY SILVER VINES & BEAUTIFUL PEARLY WHITE

joloy133

Just came back from a ride. A short 2-lane boulevard with sweeping curves to the freeway on ramp. Long pull uphill at about 70 mph for 3mi. Took a connector to Napa and got lost on silverado trail on purpose. Took windy road over big hills with 20 mph turns thru 45 mph turns. More long sweepers with some tighter turns thru a valley with vineyards. Quick freeway blast back home, 10 mi. at 80+ mph. Other than slight soreness going as hard as I could, just a good ride. This bike can do it all at a quick pace and feel stable in all situations without the pain. Great do all bike!

Roaddawg

Just came back from a ride. A short 2-lane boulevard with sweeping curves to the freeway on ramp. Long pull uphill at about 70 mph for 3mi. Took a connector to Napa and got lost on silverado trail on purpose. Took windy road over big hills with 20 mph turns thru 45 mph turns. More long sweepers with some tighter turns thru a valley with vineyards. Quick freeway blast back home, 10 mi. at 80+ mph. Other than slight soreness going as hard as I could, just a good ride. This bike can do it all at a quick pace and feel stable in all situations without the pain. Great do all bike!
Sounds like my break-in rides....Did you go through Berryessa?

joloy133

Hey roaddawg:

No I haven't done that yet. I come up 80 from Vallejo, to green valley rd., to suisun valley rd., to wooden valley rd., to 121 which takes you over the hills onto the silverado trail in Napa. Next time I'll go east on 121 toward Berryessa. After about 2 hrs max. I need to get feeling back to my a$$. It's fairly curvy and challenging to me both ways over the hills. Try it sometime.

Roaddawg

Hey roaddawg:

No I haven't done that yet. I come up 80 from Vallejo, to green valley rd., to suisun valley rd., to wooden valley rd., to 121 which takes you over the hills onto the silverado trail in Napa. Next time I'll go east on 121 toward Berryessa. After about 2 hrs max. I need to get feeling back to my a$$. It's fairly curvy and challenging to me both ways over the hills. Try it sometime.
That's a nice ride...gone that way many times. If you head north towards berryessa, you can stop at SR-128 at SR-121 (Steel Canyon) and take a break. Many bikers stop here to break. Then head west/north of SR-128 which will take you down to the Trail also, but up by St. Helena. Or, take Berryessa-Knoxville to Pope Valley Road over Angwin down to the Trail. That's a long ride, but nice to do. This time a year, there's tons of bikes during the weekends up there at the lake.
Sorry to stray off topic!

joloy133

That's a nice ride...gone that way many times. If you head north towards berryessa, you can stop at SR-128 at SR-121 (Steel Canyon) and take a break. Many bikers stop here to break. Then head west/north of SR-128 which will take you down to the Trail also, but up by St. Helena. Or, take Berryessa-Knoxville to Pope Valley Road over Angwin down to the Trail. That's a long ride, but nice to do. This time a year, there's tons of bikes during the weekends up there at the lake.
Sorry to stray off topic!
I've seen those routes,........ on the to do list. I'll be looking for your bike, I usually ride midweek and mid-morning. Thanks

btastarsky

Here's the breakdown for me:

1.)Tame enough for a beginner, but sporty enough to hang with the 1000's
and other 600's in my club.
2.) More top end than the 650R.
3.) Fully faired bike for $69 a month.
4.) My dealership had it in the color I wanted and held it for me when I
expressed interest.
5.) No others in my area that I have seen yet.
6.) My buddy's dad sang Yamaha's praises during the 1.5 years I was
researching bikes.
7.) Upright riding position and comfortable enough back seat for my
fiance to ride on.