Rear Tire 160/60 vs 170/60

At the start of the season I picked up a nail in my rear tire at about 500 miles. I plugged the tire and it has been fine, but I guess it developed another slow leak and the pressure dropped and it has a nice flat spot. I now have 2700 miles and I want to take the bike to Vegas in October. I am thinking of just replacing the back tire with the same brand because the front still looks great. I see the Dunlop Roadsmart comes in both sizes and rumored both will fit the bike fine. Any advantage to going with one over the other? I don't ride hard but I would like the look of a fatter tire on the back

Thanks for the replies.

angelsneverlose how does the tire look? Wider than the OEM 160?

cam7777 I don't have a hugger fitted and still have the stock OEM rear fender / plate mount

Well decided to replace the oem roadsmart with another 170mm roadsmart out back because the front still has lots of tread.

Found one shipped from Dennis Kirk for $135 which seems like a very good deal

Doggman

can anyone post a picture from behind their FZ6R with a 170 wide rear tire? would be cool if someone had a stock picture to compare it with but i can find a picture with the stock tire size if no one feels like posting up both.