Rear spools

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Chucker

I have them and I love them. I installed mine upside down and like it much better.

Attachments

BKP

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

DubiousDrummer

aaronhaji

Hey, I don't know what kind of flushmounts your looking for, but I've been trying to stay black on black with my 2011 FZ6R. These were a killer deal. If the link doesn't work, look around. LED with smoked caps for super cheap.

LED FLUSHMOUNT TURN SIGNALS YAMAHA YZFR1 R6 FZ1 FZ6 R1 AMBER FLASHER SMOKE LENS | eBay
thanks for the post i found these on ebay and like the way they look on the fz i saw another memebr with them
YAMAHA FZR YZF 600 600R R6 R1 Flush Mount Turn Signals | eBay

linkgt

Hey I have them on mine too! they work great.

Warning! If you have a rear tire huger, you will have to make a *sligh* cut in order to fit these... Here's a picture meant to show off my ninja 650 slip on, but u can see the spools as well:

richierich781

sux! I dont want to cut up the hugger. lol

applejax

Hey I have them on mine too! they work great.

Warning! If you have a rear tire huger, you will have to make a *sligh* cut in order to fit these... Here's a picture meant to show off my ninja 650 slip on, but u can see the spools as well:

That's correct. I made a thread about this to warn people.

The cuts so small that you don't even notice it

killabee

Do you have remove the rear tire to install the spool adapter?

BKP

Do you have remove the rear tire to install the spool adapter?
Nope... no mod or dis-assembly to the bike at all. However, one weird thing, is the top bolt on the adapter is screwed in from the *inside* (tire-facing) side of the adapter... So, if you're going to torque it in (which I did), you have to play a bit with the torque wrench to fit it in there...

buzzbomb

Elite Member

richierich781

Why the spools? The pads on my paddock stand seem to work fine. Just curious.
My thoughts exactly, that's why I dont want to cut up my hugger just to install theses, for the price of these you can buy a swing arm stand from harbor freight and have enough left for an oil change.

lwclancers

Spools can be more sturdy. I trust my bike to stay on the stands incase my kid runs into it in the garage, rather than the paddocks on the swingarm...especially when using them for winter storage. For an oil change, or simple maintenance and putting it right back down the paddock stand is fine, but for secure mount, the spools can be better.

Thanks Kevin for referencing my thread from last fall!

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Chevyfazer

On my bike the axle bolt for the rear wheel is hollow, so I stick a piece of 1/4" round stock through it and use the fork side of the stand. From looking at the pics it doesn't look the same on the r