Rear shock settings

DjOrchie

Just wondering what everyone has their rear shock absorber set to. I am 210 pounds and just trying to find the right setting.

Cheers :)

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I'm about 150 lbs and mine is set at 5. I don't believe that is the recommended setting for my weight, but I like this setting the best for the twisties.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

cavcuz05

i ride 2 i like the stiffer suspension but 1 is to stiff (no homo)

JonKerr

Elite Member

DjOrchie

I think you're backwards. 1 is the softest setting. If I set mine to 1 and sat on it the bike would probably bottom out.
I was gonna mention something about that, but I thought I'd let it slide. He'll discover soon enough :rolleyes:

arkkornkid

I'm probably one of the heaviest riders.... I'll only admit to being over 250, and I'm running on 6 right now, tried 5 and it still didn't quite feel right for me but is probably right where you need to be.

cavcuz05

your right just check the manual going to change it now

looked at it wrong...im on 5

Last edited:

Superfly

5' 11" 175lbs with riding gear

Rode with factory set #3 which seemed ok...felt kinda stiff and seemed to dive forward under braking...front seemed softer...

Changed rear to #2 and its been there ever since. Doesnt seem to throw weight forward under braking and seems stable and balanced cornering. I'm happy with it there and the ride is smooth.

Bigevildoer

Just wondering what everyone has their rear shock absorber set to. I am 210 pounds and just trying to find the right setting.
I weigh at about 212-215 on average. Have my shock set to 6. Don't usually carry passengers, only once in a while. Just felt like it wallows about at the factory setting of 3.

T.

Sparkxx1

So I'm 5'8' and I'm 140 lbs with gear on o_O I've been on 3 for 300 miles. Does anybody have any recommendations? I set it to 4 last night and I was going to try it this morning but, go figure, it's raining. :(

iSpoolin

I'm still at 3, haven't really had the opportunity to mess around with it. I'm about 5'10" 175lbs
Your the same exact height/Weight as me almost haha I weigh in only one pound lighter then you haha

I have mine on 3, I like it there :)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member