Rear Brake Pad Help?

vinnytiv

This question will come off rather 'noobish' of me....but I wanted to ask to save myself the hassle of multiple trips to the motorcycle store...or returning parts online...

I need to replace my rear brake pads.

I'd like to purchase EBC sintered brake pads, but my local dealer's EBC catalog has a typo...which pointed me to the incorrect FA179HH. The profile of the mounting portion of these pads prevent them from fitting into the calipers.

I talked to another dealership and they said the FA140HH pads are the correct model number....but I'm finding NO conclusive answer of WHAT EBC PAD IS CORRECT FOR '09 FZ6R...and I'm nervous to purchase because the configuration displayed in every photo does NOT look similar to the NISSIN pads I've pulled off my FZ6R. :confused:

Anybody able to help with a CORRECT model number? Thanks in advance!

-Vin

JSP

Super Moderator
FA140HH is the correct number. Dont pay attention to the photos. They are just a generic picture most of the time.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/EBC-Double-H-Sintered-Brake-FA140HH/dp/B000GS1OIS/ref=au_pf_pfg_s?ie=UTF8&Make=Yamaha|1210&Model=FZ6R|17840&Year=2009|2009&carId=001&n=15684181&newCar=1&s=automotive&vehicleType=motorcycle"]EBC Double-H Sintered Brake Pads FA140HH : Amazon.com : Automotive[/ame]

Amazon.com: FA140HH ebc

EBC Sintered Double-H Brake Pads - BikeBandit.com

EBC Double-H Sintered Brake Pads - Street Bike 2009 Yamaha FZ6R - Motorcycle Superstore

vinnytiv

Jay,

Thanks so much for the quick reply! I was coming to the conlcusion that everyone was using stock photos for any online stores. Thanks again!

-Vin

JSP

Super Moderator
Jay,

Thanks so much for the quick reply! I was coming to the conlcusion that everyone was using stock photos for any online stores. Thanks again!

-Vin

No problem! And welcome to the forum! ;)