Ran out of Tarmac !!

jay

Guys this is just another reminder to stick to "All the gear all the time" policy. Today i could have injured my left knee pretty bad if was not wearing a knee/shin guard under my jeans. I guess i was going a little too fast on the twisties and on making a sharp left turn, scrapped hell out of the peg and shifter, for a moment i thought that i would make it but then finally ran out of tarmac and had a skid.

Luckily i got away with very minor damage to the bike and none to myself :) intuitive frame sliders protected the fairings and the knee/shin guard did a good job protecting my knees. Now the handle bar is a little off, some scratches to the engine casing, broken license plate light, scrapped peg and shifter, ripped my jeans that’s all about it!!

My dilemma: in this situation using the brakes too much might cause a skid; not using brakes caused me running out of tarmac and having a skid :confused:

Lesson learned: keep wearing all the gear all the time, never give up riding, never maxout your riding skills, never give up riding :)

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

jay

Glad to hear you're ok. Where were you? I don't think you're that far from me.
wanted to try route 33, changed my mind and was returning from Harrisonburg VA, i was all over route 211 actually and this happened near new market on 211. Anyway it's all good.. after all i got out without a scratch !!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Glad it wasnt any worse. And its good you are not letting this keep you from riding.

Detrich

great to hear that u r ok & that ur bike isn't too badly damaged... thanks for sharing ur exp w/ everyone, and hope u get the bike fixed up good as new soon... :)

today, during lunch i saw a guy on an R1 on the street. he was wearing a helmet, jeans, sneakers, a short sleeve t-shirt, and a vest of riding armor. but, that hardly seemed like adequate protection... all the gear all the time is a good motto...

jay

Glad it wasnt any worse. And its good you are not letting this keep you from riding.
Yeah.. Actually now i'll be little less scared of scrapping the pegs!!.. my back and neck is now hurting from the roll over thou.. lol i guess i talked too soon ....no scratches and all crap lol.. but that’s like a badge of honor right!! naah.. now what I’ve realized is that it's very easy to break a neck from rollovers, oh wait am i talking like a cager :eek: