ran great when parked it now that same evening will not hit a lick.

abyss1406

Had any maintenance been done to the bike before you had the problem?

etrnalone

im just going to throw something obvious out there. you did check your kill switch by your right thumb right? make sure its in the run position. i know i never use mine and it stays in the run position. a while back one of the kids flipped it on me and took me 4 hours trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with it why it wouldnt start. flipped it and it started right up. never even thought to check it. but now i know.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Bruno

It seems to me to you have a faulty sensor... The problem is there are many sensors on our bikes... Coolant temperature, crank position, atm air pressure, intake air pressure, TPS... You should find out by the error code...

abyss1406

error code 13 is crank position sensor, thats why i had asked if any maintenance had been done to the bike.

SurfJunkie

The fact that OP dumped it a month earlier might have something to do with his intermittent failure.

DEALER TIME, or get a service manual and find the CPS, measure its output and eliminate it as a variable.

My bike does this sometimes when still warm, but a quick throttle twist while holding the start button brings it to life. Mine has also never been on the ground.

gaspedal

Yea everyone hear at one time or another can say their bike has never been on the ground till it happens. Okay I got the bike cranked. I am not sure what did the trick I was trying everything that was posted and nothing made a difference. I was moving the bike out of the way in the garage and decided to try it for the hell of it and it started. Been starting ever since. I dont know what the deal was. I am just glad its running and I didnt have to mess with the dealer to get it fixed. Once again thanks to everyone here for the help I am greatful for that.

Bert-Aus

Only found this thread now, but IF it happens again I suggest trying this trick

Turn the bike ON
Place bike in 1st gear
Whilst sitting on the bike, CLUTCH OUT
Force the bike slightly forwards (whilst in gear) -only needs about 2" of movement if that

Turn the bike OFF
Neutral, kick stand up (still sitting on bike! -I know sounds stoopid, but we all forget things in the heat of the moment)
Turn the bike ON
Start the bike

Not certain if that is the fix for your problem, but it has worked for me previously with similar situation on my XJ6S & different bikes