ran great when parked it now that same evening will not hit a lick.

gaspedal

Hello everyone I am new to this forum and hope I am doing this right. I need some help with my 2013 fz6r, when I parked it at work in the morning it was running perfect. Got off of work tried to start it and it will not try to start at all. The motor spins over but it never hits. I checked the obvious like gas and oil and water. The fuel pump is coming on. I was searching around on this site trying to find a something like my problem and thats when I learned how to pull up the codes. Its reading a d61 13 and d62 4. The dealer told me to clear the codes and try to start bike but it will only clear 2 codes. It now reads d62 2 but still wont start. Anyone have any ideas here?

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

gaspedal

I checked the kickstand but could not see any thing that looked out of the ordinary. I might need to go and look better, since you mentioned kickstand I have noticed the bike sits up straighter then it used to. Almost falls over in the other direction. I will check it and get back with you. thanks

gaspedal

I went back and looked closely at the kick stand switch taking it off and inspecting it. Couldn't find anything wrong with it so I went ahead and tried to start it jumping the two wires. Wasn't sure if it had to make or break contact in the switch to run so I tried it without jumping them also. No luck on either way. I called the dealer this morning and was told to bring it two them and they could look at it a week and a half later. That's main reason I was trying to fix it myself. A week and half just sitting up their just to be looked at is a little crazy to me but yet here it is perfect bike weather and I have none too ride.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

gaspedal

I went back and double checked the stand and it is going all the way forward until it cant go anymore. The reason the bike sits up so straight is because I ran off the road in a curve that I forgot was there and dumped the bike on that side about a month before this happened. I checked the level switch I guess you can call it, the one that kills your bike if you lay it down and it was working properly. Would going around the switch with jumper wires like I did make it start even if the kick stand wasnt all the way forward? I dont know myself but I sure appreciate you helping me try to figure this out.

Chucker

If the bike is in neutral, the sidestand switch is inoperable. Also, the sidestand switch doesn't allow the motor to turn over. If you can't start it in neutral and it turns over, it's not got anything to do with the sidestand being up or down.

SixRFixR

I heard a report where the bike had enough juice to turn over, but wouldn't start. Charge the battery fully and try it.

I heard third hand that 61 was the storage location for error codes and 62 stored the number of errors. If true, you only had error 13. 13 may be inlet air pressure, but the bike should still run with that code. Charge the battery fully and try it.

I went back and double checked the stand and it is going all the way forward until it cant go anymore. The reason the bike sits up so straight is because I ran off the road in a curve that I forgot was there and dumped the bike on that side about a month before this happened. I checked the level switch I guess you can call it, the one that kills your bike if you lay it down and it was working properly. Would going around the switch with jumper wires like I did make it start even if the kick stand wasnt all the way forward? I dont know myself but I sure appreciate you helping me try to figure this out.
This would have been something important to mention, even though it was a month ago.

Does your N neutral light turn green?
What about trying to give it a bit of throttle when starting?

After going motorcross riding could it be the lean angle sensor? Number 5 is it's position .
I dont think is a lean angle sensor issue. The sensor would likely adjust something in the throttles bodies or the fuel pump for the lean for the G-force.

OP, there are 2 bolts right near the kick stand for the kick sensor. Remove those two bolts and inspect the sensor for damage wiring and the button fully goes in and out.

And one last suggestion/question, have you attempted starting the bike while pulling the clutch in? Does the green N(neutral) light come on?

gaspedal

yes the green neutral light does come on. I havnt put a battery charger on the battery but I will try that and see if it helps. It seems to spin over pretty fast but you never know. I have taken the kick stand switch apart and checked it and the wiring and made sure it was fully engaging. I have also checked the lean sensor and it seems to be working fine. I am about ready to bite the bullet and let yamaha keep it for a month to get it fixed. I guess the sooner I take it up there the sooner I will get it back.

AL72

Does our bike has a lean sensor???A few months ago I dropped the bike (stopped) and the engine continued running, I obviously cut the engine immediately to prevent some damage related to lubrication.

A lean sensor should have stopped the engine automatically. Or not?

PS: Thanks to Shogun frame sliders, zero scratches!

Regards!

gaspedal

Sorry its taking me so long to post back but I have no computer at the moment. I charged the battery on the bike and nothing different. Neutral light still comes on but I have not pulled the clutch lever back while trying to crank it guess I will try that next. When you turn the key on the fuel pump comes on for a bit, the neutral light comes on, the tach dances a bit and the motor light flashes. While you are cranking the bike you can hear the fuel pump come back on so I am assuming the injectors are firing, the neutral light is still on and the motor light flashes. There is a lean sensor under the seat does anyone know if it will kill the engine for safety reasons or is it their to adjust air fuel mix for performance? okay gota go thanks everyone.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

adamo3957

Sorry its taking me so long to post back but I have no computer at the moment. I charged the battery on the bike and nothing different. Neutral light still comes on but I have not pulled the clutch lever back while trying to crank it guess I will try that next. When you turn the key on the fuel pump comes on for a bit, the neutral light comes on, the tach dances a bit and the motor light flashes. While you are cranking the bike you can hear the fuel pump come back on so I am assuming the injectors are firing, the neutral light is still on and the motor light flashes. There is a lean sensor under the seat does anyone know if it will kill the engine for safety reasons or is it their to adjust air fuel mix for performance? okay gota go thanks everyone.
Lean sensors are purely to turn the bike off if it's rubber side up...