ram air

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

ST3RL0

Would suck in a lot of crap, but looks like it'll work. Personally, I would have gone with one on each side and have a rounded inlet instead of a sharp one.

If it works for you, well done mate [emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

AL72

technically it isn't a RAM air intake because is not pressurized (The airbox it's open in the bottom), but I see it very interesting, like some kind of fresh air intake, because the OEM air inlet sucks hot air from the engine area.

PS: I remember seeing a sticker on the 90's Yamaha FZR600 that read "F.A.I. Fresh Air Intake) besides a ducts running from the front fairing to the gas tank.

Regards!

Super_Sonic

i am actually going to try to make a ram air from the Fake scoops, since its got clearance to have something in there.
maybe like a flexible tubing material
or something.
seems pretty inexpensive to do

Fizzer6R

technically it isn't a RAM air intake because is not pressurized (The airbox it's open in the bottom), but I see it very interesting, like some kind of fresh air intake, because the OEM air inlet sucks hot air from the engine area.

PS: I remember seeing a sticker on the 90's Yamaha FZR600 that read "F.A.I. Fresh Air Intake) besides a ducts running from the front fairing to the gas tank.

Regards!
cold air intake?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

AL72

I think that's what he meant. No pressure needed, just need to introduce cooler air. I installed a cold air intake on my Z28. Pulled air from in front of radiator.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Yep, that's what I'm talking about. A cold air intake would be very interesting to our bikes, not necessarily oriented into the air stream because the FZ6R carburetion system is not designed to work under presurization, but the cold air (more dense) is better for the engine performance.

Regards!

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

ST3RL0

Using the intake ducts would be ideal. I think it would be interesting to mock something up. Maybe a future mod. Can never have too many.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm thinking of grabbing an airbox from a wrecker and trying this along with sealing the bottom. More direct and cooler air

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

bleedinblue