Rain sucks

dodges

I'm sad i have not been able to ride for three days as it has been raining in Barrie Ontario but i can still watch nascar if it keeps up LOL :mad:

JSP

Super Moderator
I'm sad i have not been able to ride for three days as it has been raining in Barrie Ontario but i can still watch nascar if it keeps up LOL :mad:

Rain gear = Go ride ;). Your bike is made to get wet. So are you :D

travisH3

I'd prefer to stay out of the rain too, but I drive my bike everyday it doesn't rain and we never get rain so it doesnt effect me much.

BKP

I'm not crazy about the rain either, but I ride in it...

It's not a matter of getting wet (I always carry rain gear), but it just gets that much more dangerous out there in the rain (and it's not my riding I'm concerned about -- rather the newly licensed teens I see, that don't seem to understand the concept of hydroplaning)...

DavidB455

Come live in Scotland, if you don't like riding in the rain, cold, ice or snow, your riding season is about 4-6 weeks

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

GrapeApe

I dont like riding in the rain either, but dont have to worry about rain to much here in AZ. The only to worry about in the rain is the other drivers because not very many people here know how to drive in rain.

travisH3

Yeah, the grass here in Ohio is so dead when you step on it, it breaks the blades and you can see foot prints in the yard it's so dry. So i haven't had to worry about the rain

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Skidro

I guess I'm one of the few that enjoys riding in the rain, heat and cold. The only days i don't ride is when there is a chance of snow or ice.

I'm 51 and I average around 12,000 miles a year on a bike, so I've had my share of so called bad weather riding days.

blkbrd

Elite Member

will415

Hot hot hot

Its been 109 out here the weather is just way to hot out here i rather some color weather feel like im going to pass out riding everyday while i commute to work. :zombie:

BKP

When I originally took my MSF class it poured down rain both days... I wore this... stayed bone dry:

$60 for the both of 'em at Cycle Gear (Tornado rain jacket and rain pants).

And, they fold up tight enough to fit into a small tank bag (just in case)...

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BKP

I guess I'm one of the few that enjoys riding in the rain, heat and cold. The only days i don't ride is when there is a chance of snow or ice.

I'm 51 and I average around 12,000 miles a year on a bike, so I've had my share of so called bad weather riding days.
Where in Georgia?

I'm in metro Atlanta... Alpharetta/Suwanee area. Perhaps we can ride one day...
...or night... in the rain, heat, or cold...

gilkeyb

I just got back from a trip up to Huntsville with my gf on my 6R. I spent all summer ranting and raving about how beautiful the scenery is and how nice the roads are. We got there last wednesday and it rained, as you know, until we went home sunday. We got absolutely dumped on just south of Barrie stuck in traffic.

Those roads up north of Orillia get really nice. I would have loved to enjoy them more. You are lucky to have them at your disposal all the time.

Sorry to bring the weather with us. I hope we took it away on our trip back as well.

Brian