racetech fork mod

stuna

RACE TECH PRODUCT SEARCH
well i did it yesterday just got back from a ride . 149 mile time stopped 56 seconds , wow .
as for the racetech $%$%^^&&%R. hody cow this thing rides BETTER THAN MY GOLD WING , a highly recommended mod . i have used them before but wow :thumbup:

stuna

SEEMS FUNNY no comments:confused:
yes i thought that this bike rode quite swell. that was until i did this mod

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

stuna

well they only have one thing for the fork http://old.racetech.com/popupwindow/GoldValveCartridgeEmulators.asp
FEGV S4101 is what i used
i do have hyper pro front springs , that helped with cornering as the stock is soft . but the racetech FEGV S4101 . bumps , what bumps , the road cracks gone . i have a hyper pro rear shock . im gonna send it back for a revalve as it is too stiff on compression . very noticeable now that the fork is done
http://www.daughertymotorsports.com/perfparts/front_fork.html

Last edited:

Brugge

Stuna, From the link you supplied:

Simply put; Emulators make damping rod forks perform like well-tuned cartridge forks. Emulators are tunable valves that sit on top of the damping rods and are held in place with the main springs. This makes them both simple to install and completely tunable for all conditions and rider preferences.

Can you tune them without opening the forks or do you have to remove the top cap and spring to access for tuning adjustment?

Sound interesting!

Kevin

stuna

thinking about this , many here are new at this riding . so no you would not know what the flip i was talking about :eek:
i have been at it for a long time , plus many years of working on them :spank:me .

stuna

Stuna, From the link you supplied:

Simply put; Emulators make damping rod forks perform like well-tuned cartridge forks. Emulators are tunable valves that sit on top of the damping rods and are held in place with the main springs. This makes them both simple to install and completely tunable for all conditions and rider preferences.

Can you tune them without opening the forks or do you have to remove the top cap and spring to access for tuning adjustment?

Sound interesting!

Kevin
you would have too pull them to set the up , but they come with 2 sets of springs yellow , heavy and blue light . i put in the blue at 2 turns of preload

joloy133

Fellas, I did the hyperpro mod and did a writeup in the product review section. Handling is much better with either hyperpro or racetech, I'm positive. The Hyperpro rep also told me they have their own valving system similar to racetech emulators, (also cheaper). He wanted me to just ride for a while before committing as it may not be necessary with their progressive type springs.

owldaddy

OK stuna, I'm convinced that the emulators are the way to go after reading the material you linked to. I hear nothing but good stuff about them from other sources as well. Now I'm wondering what weight fork oil you used, how much oil is used, and if you don't mind, letting us know what you weight with gear on. This should be helpful info to enlighten those of us who plan to do this mod. I am going to order the valves today, it will be helpful to know the settings I should start out with, and which weight of oil to use. Thanks for any help you can provide.

stuna

I USED THE 15W OIL THAT CAME WITH THE HYPERPRO SPRINGS . i used the blue , light spring , on the valve set at 2 turns preload
im 240 ish riding
my ride yesterday was 195 mi non stop , had to stop for gas . ended up 215 mi time stopped under 5 mi . gotta love that russel seat :D

owldaddy

Thanks for the info, since your having good results with the 15w oil, I will do the same. The more info I get, the better my results should be, with the least amount of work. Thanks again.

JonKerr

Elite Member