R6/R1 swingarm on FZ6R?

Rat

Hi Friends.
I still want fat rear tire and that's it. :)
Additionally to that I just love R6 swingarm...

So perhaps it's possible to install both...
I realize that it could be major change or even not doable...

But anyway... Has anybody investigated that? I've found only 1 thread about custom swingarm...

Halon

With enough money anything is possible... But I realize you meant could it be done easily and practically? I'd like to think so, but it seems like the whole frame is different, so I'd imagine probably not without alot of custom work.

Someone who knows should chime in though, I'm still a moto-noob.

BL6RNKY

the easiest way to find out would be... buy one off ebay for cheap!, take yours off, see if its actually close to bolting up, if not resale the swingarm, if it does bolt up, bolt it up, check your angle of ur chain and sprockets, from front to back they should run true and straight... i might look more into buyin a swingarm from a 06 R6 just to see, if it works, super wicked, and totally custom....

dherb1123

out of curiousity what does an extended swing arm do to the bike other than make it look cool and unique or is that its main purpose?

M76

I'd be interested for no other reason than the fact that the FZ6R's rear swingarm is arguably one of the ugliest parts of the bike. I mean, it's a simple rectangular metal tube...

Unfortunately I doubt that the R6's would simply bolt on, but I'd love to see someone try! :D

JonKerr

Elite Member

Rat

:(

I have to agree...
Does not make sense to replace swingarm.

Last edited:
// thread revival....

Anyone ever try to install an FZ6 swing arm? It has no linkage like an R6. It is direct action and the S2 version 2007 - 2009 looks much nicer.

I'm pretty certain the wheel, caliper, and caliper holder all fit. But would need to cross check PNs...

A 2008 in this pic.

Also, our shock is 300mm eye to eye like the early R6. The 08 above has an R6 shock on it that is fully adjustable. I revalved it for better control, installed a race tech spring preload adjuster and the OEM FZ6 spring and the bike handles launch, braking, and twists well with R6 forks up front.
Both static bike sag and bike plus rider sag came in at 12mm and 29mm using our stock spring. This matches the front well.

Edit: FZ6 tire is a 180/55 if that is a need for you.

Last edited: