R6 headers with Jardine GP1 slip on

Super_Sonic

just finished my project with the exhaust. both parts together were $80 and ordered the power commander V because i know im running a risk of running it too lean

sadly, i didnt get the DB killer as promised, but thats what i get from buying a $30 slip on from ebay :p

other than that, its sounds pretty good for what it is in my opinion, and it looks good too

this bike is very loud. im planning on putting a DB killer on it soon

FZ6R with 04 R6 headers and Jardine GP1 slip on - YouTube

Attachments

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Riccochet

I think it sounds pretty sick! Will get annoying after a while without some soft of baffle, but it does sound sick.

ST3RL0

Do you find that when going from 4k-5k rpm the exhausts tone gets deeper?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

NUISANCE

When I did my exhaust mod the R6 headers I got were just as beat up as yours. I used 2 red scotch brite pads and some dish soap to clean them up and they came out mint. If you would do that it would add a nice touch to your new exhaust.

Super_Sonic

Im getting my power commander V in today so I should have the answer tonight. I haven't riden it yet because it was raining. But today is nice clear, a little chilly and no humidity
So ill see what happens.

Any recommend maps for this exhaust mod?

bleedinblue

Elite Member

shea88

What setting do you have on the power commander? Is there a db killer available at all or do you have to get the jardine with the muffler? Did you have to bend the r6 headers at all to get them past the oil pan? Thanks in advance!

shea88

What setting do you have on the power commander? Is there a db killer available at all or do you have to get the jardine with the muffler? Did you have to bend the r6 headers at all to get them past the oil pan? Thanks in advance!
Sounds sweet

travisH3

I've never tried to see if mine shoots flames lol. I always loved e look of that exhaust tip I should say but I just couldn't deal with that sound in my ear. My marthy's with viper can is perfect sound for me!

Super_Sonic

yes i did have to bend the headers to clear the oil pan.

the only negative of this exhaust set up is that it isnt very friendly to the passengers right foot

other than that, works awesome no issues:D

i did have someone send me a map that Marthy worked on for the two brothers exhaust, and then i made very minor adjustments so that it wouldn't lean out since its completely straight pipe considering the the fact that there is no restrictions

there is no DB killer, i would have to make my own. that's one reason why i left that tab there is because i can make a slip on over it so that i can direct the exhaust away from the passenger foot peg and DB it at the same time for passenger comfort