R1

So, one of the dudes I work with is selling his 09 R1 and my wife is going to let me buy it! Took some convincing, but she gave the ok! Plus it already has the Power Commander and Graves full exhaust system! Hopefully I can handle it! HAHAHA!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Are you getting it for a good deal? Good luck! Just be careful. Exercise good throttle control. :thumbup:

JonKerr

Elite Member
So, it is the black and red scheme! ;) I will definately be carefull though! As long as I don't get complacent I should be ok!
No worries though, I will still be on this site! I'm going to give my wife the FZ6R! I have too much money on it already! I will definately post some pics once I get it!

GoGreen09

Can't say it enough - ride safe. After reading your post, I'm jealous about a couple of things...R1! Are you kidding me? With the wifey's blessing at that. I'm also jealous of you guys that can fit the sport bikes with stock setup. Vertically challenged guys like me either have to settle, or wait for a couple of mods before we can get on. Anyways, have fun with the new ride! :thumbup:

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

vitrox

you'll love the r1, i have an 08 and its a beast, so be careful! its night and day from a 600, I could flog my old r6 after riding my r1. It felt like I had no power.

Ooter

This is my personal opinion, so feel free to tell me to F off :)

It looks like you learned on the FZ6r this year, and have decided in less than 12 months to ditch it for an R1. I personally think this is crazy. Why do you need more power than the FZ6R? Where (legally) will you use this? Seems silly to move up to a bike like that, pay crazy insurance premiums, have a bike which is uncomfortable for long rides, just to shave a second off of the 0-60 time.

And to re-iterate what everyone else has said here - these are two totally different bikes. A small adjustment on the throttle on the R1 means a LOT more than on the FZ6r.

Just my 2 cents. Just be safe, whatever you ride.

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

cbzdel

I would be on a R6/R1 if I didnt own my bike for commuting and my personal only form of transportation (would kill my back). Plus money was a factor, I wanted something with ZERO miles on it so I couldnt afford the R6/1 pricetag.

fz6rwolf

Maybe if I were young and could ride one more than a half hour without feeling like a pretzel lol. Seriously, good for you, just don't ride beyond your capabilities.

fz6rwolf

Ya are young, got almost 20 on ya. If I were going to trade yet I'd go maybe FZ1 or Triumph Tiger. Something that is still comfy enough to go through 2 tanks a day on or more. An R1 would get wasted of what kind of bike it is with me, it would get taken out for an hour max and put away and I just wouldn't use it much. For those that can still enjoy riding and forget about how uncomfortable they are, enjoy while it lasts lol.;)

vitrox

there is a guy i race with, he is in his 70s and rides a cbr600. :)

although he did lowside last year and broke his collarbone. he also walks with a cane, but can ride the wheels off that bike.

Guess what! My wife decided to change her mind! :mad: That was probably the biggest heart break of my life! She wants to get a new family car instead........which is understandable........I guess! Oh well, I will just have to buy one after my next deployment! Looks like I will have to keep building on the 6R!

JonKerr

Elite Member