R.i.p fz6r

V

VEGASRIDER

Wow!

After seeing those pics, I thought you would be a goner. Glad you're okay.

Like several members have said, next to colliding with other vehicles, guardrails are the next worst thing to hit. It acts like a gillatine (spelling) for Moses95 , and slice you in half amongst other things.

Looks like you have fallen victim to the most common statistical crash for a motorcyclist due to rider error. Failure to negotiate a corner. Just a reminder to slow down before you get to that corner, you never know what's going to appear around that curve.

Thanks for posting.

N

nccoder

Get well soon. Glad you're okay. You'll be back up and running again soon.

Cliff

xplodnstar

Damn it! Wasn't planning on this, damn soft dirt. Thank god, just bumps and road rash, but will definitly get a full check-up tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be up and riding soon.
Wow, that looks all too familiar. I did that to a Ninja 650R. Nice wedge job. :thumbup:

Glad you're okay. :cheer: Your gear doesn't look too bad either.

S

shreveport1

Glad your okay....the bike look's like it can be repaired....Get well soon!!

CharlieR

Glad you're O.K. Be sure to replace the gear. It did its job and needs to be retired. Insurance will usually cover it.

cbelar

Here are pics after they pulled it out. To me it looks like it can be repaired, but the biggest problem the shop told me was getting parts, since it's a brand new model bike. What do you think?

I'm surprise the damage is not that bad, but I guess at 30mph it saved some parts of the bike. I wish I should bought frame sliders. :(

Attachments

F

FZ1inNH

Parts can be gotten from the dealer without much issue. The only question is, how many parts are needed and will the insurance fix it or total it. If the frame is damaged then it's a gonner!

It doesn't look too bad but the stuff adds up quickly.

cbzdel

I think just a single side fairing is about $500 :eek:

mfischler

Elite Member

C

chimneydoc

Nice to see that your ok. But for me I don't want to join your crash club. Just remembered I did about 34 years ago. I came close to renewing my menbership last year.

Doc