R.i.p fz6r

cbelar

Damn it! Wasn't planning on this, damn soft dirt. Thank god, just bumps and road rash, but will definitly get a full check-up tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be up and riding soon.

Attachments

C

CHEMIKER

Glad you walked away. Have heard some baaaaad things about riders vs guardrails....

Where was the soft dirt? Middle of the lane?

Again, glad you're okay man.

SLAMF

Glad you made it bro. :welcome: to the club. At least now you got that first one out of the way.

S

scoobydrvr

At least now you got that first one out of the way.
That's the first thing my grandpa said not minutes after laying mine down... I'm glad you're okay. Get ready for some random bruises and aches.

What's the damage to the bike? Is it totaled?

O-turn

Partier
Sorry to hear :( Glad your ok though :)

H

Humperdinkel

Mate that sucks but your OK so it could have been worse , she'll be up and going again soon enough im sure :thumbup:

C

chuckfz6ryder

Sorry to hear about your crash, but at least you walked away. Sounds like you must have been fully geared up, how'd it hold up? If you were a new rider, I hope this won't stop you from riding again. Heal quickly

fz6rwolf

Glad you're ok. Hope ya got insurance so can be up and running again. How'd it happen? Too tight into the corner where dirt built up?

cbelar

Thanks for the support, wish the family felt the same way about riding again. It only took 3 1/2 years before I layed a bike down, thank god my gear held up (pictures below).

I was coming around the curve, and the car coming up hill looked like it was about to cross the center line around the curve. So I came out wide to give space, but ended up eating loose dirt. It sucks knowing something is going to happen, luckly I didn't end up over the cliff.

All I have to say is some bikers are awsome people, Thank you!! :thumbup: to the married couple riding BMWs for stopping and keeping me company before the emergency personnel showed up. Those bikers that just gave me that "stupid newbie" look and took off, well... what is there to say? :ban:

Attachments

MNDZA

Wow get better soon and be careful out there!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I knew it... I just knew it! They DO make bike racks large enough for motorcycles!! :rockon:

Kidding aside, I'm really glad you were not seriously injured. Guardrails can wreak havoc on soft tissue. Let us know if the bike is salvageable, it doesn't look too damaged from what I see in the pictures.

Glad your ok. Yep first and not your last that's for sure. When I dropped my bike for the first time I was like damn that sucks and didn't want to get back on it. Took awhile but I did and I know it wasn't my last. By the way how fast were you going through that curve?

M

moopie

So sorry to hear about your bike. I bet it's frustrating to think that you were trying so hard to avoid one danger just to happen upon another.

I'm very glad your gear held up and hopefully that will give your family some comfort when you decide to get back to riding. I wear steel toed work boots and I never thought about the laces getting so shredded like that...doesn't look very safe does it!?!

F

FZ1inNH

Glad it wasn't more serious and you're OK! Guard rails are a biker's worst nightmare.

How bad is the bike? Get any more pics after it was pulled out?

Heal fast and ride soon! Take care!

E

ELIZABETH

Thanks for the support, wish the family felt the same way about riding again. It only took 3 1/2 years before I layed a bike down, thank god my gear held up (pictures below).

I was coming around the curve, and the car coming up hill looked like it was about to cross the center line around the curve. So I came out wide to give space, but ended up eating loose dirt. It sucks knowing something is going to happen, luckly I didn't end up over the cliff.

All I have to say is some bikers are awsome people, Thank you!! :thumbup: to the married couple riding BMWs for stopping and keeping me company before the emergency personnel showed up. Those bikers that just gave me that "stupid newbie" look and took off, well... what is there to say? :ban:
The GOOD news is, now you can post product reviews, including a real life test! Seriously though, I hope you heal quickly, and get back out there when your bike is fixed. Glad you came out of that scenario as well as you did.

L

Luiz

I am glad you walked away from that it looked pretty nasty! Take a little break and get back to riding soon!