Question for juice box pro owners

Bruno

Hello guys. I've recently ordered the juice box pro and i'm trying to understand how it works in advance... Do the adjustments directly on the device (Is that what "on the fly" means anyway?) appear on the Tune software chart? Lets say i make some changes on the zero map directly on the device, when i plug it to my PC and look at the chart on the sofware, will i see those changes (Or it keeps showing all those zeroes)?

Thanks!

Bruno

Kayo7

I have one, but I don't have much experience with it since its cold and snowing in Chicago and I just installed it at the end of the season. But from the little bit that I have played with it, there are 10 different preset spots that you can fill on the box. You have to download the maps off the computer, use Marthy's maps, or create your own. If you wanted to switch the map "on the fly" you would have to mount the box somewhere easily accessible where you can turn the knob. The problem I see with that is it's not an outward facing knob, have to use a pocket screw driver to turn. But that's about the extent of my knowledge on it so far. Hope that helps.

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member
Last edited:

Bruno

It depends on what you are trying to do. There are 10 slots, 2 which are preloaded with TBR's tunings on a dyno. They are as follows...

0. Zero Map
1. Stock Exhaust & Stock Filter Map <---Was tuned with the AIS installed
2. TBR Exhaust and Stock Filter Map <---Was tuned with the AIS installed
3-9. Empty Custom Map Spots

Altering Maps Using TopTune Software:
The values in the map represent a percentage of fuel change over stock. A value of 10 in the map indicates at that throttle position and RPM range the vehicle will be 10% richer than stock. If the value is -10, then it would be 10% leaner than stock. You have the ability to fine tune your fuel curve by altering these values. The TopTune software allows a value of +250 to -100 in each cell.

You can create your own map with the software connected to your bike and then save it, or upload a downloaded map by connecting your JBPro to your laptop or pc and using the TopTune software, use upload and tell it which control position you want it to go to 3-9.

I hope this helps, let me know if I misunderstood the question.
Thanks! Indeed it is something i wanted to know.

Bruno

But if i set the device on given map through the screw on it and play if the adjustment... Later if i plug the device to the PC and choose this map, would these adjusments appear? It is kind a hard question to answer, i know... I was just wondering...

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

SpawnXX

Premium Member
Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Bruno

Here is the answer i got from a Juice Box representative:

"Can you make adjustments directly on the device (On the fly)?
Yes
Do the changes on the fly appear on the Tune software chart?
If you turn any of the 3 dials, no, the changes do not apear on the map as each of the 3 dials add a value of either 10% positive or 10% negitive ontop of the map we have created."

06330i

So I already have a complaint about the jb pro, the dial to change the map you're on not only doesn't give you a great idea if you're in the right map or in between maps, and also that plastic srew is very very crappy. I was very easy on it when I was switching maps and its practically stripped out. Has anyone else had this issue?

06330i

Also forgot to mention, I noticed on the 6 pin connecter that there was only 5 pins, one of mine was was non existant. Is that ok?

Ricenoodle

hey guys, I'm trying to mess with my juice box pro to install marthy maps, looking at the pic, can any owner of the jb tell me how do I know what map am I in? there's 10 maps and the first 2 are preset, so what's the easiest way to load a map into map position #3? using top tune software? is it possible to override the 2 stock maps? don't want to do that by flashing into the wrong spot, thanks.

Attachments

SpawnXX

Premium Member
Last edited:

MaximumHP

When the JB is plugged in you can see what map you have set in the software too, it's kinda hard to see on the little screw with certainty which map you are in. You can download the preset maps from Twobros and re-upload if you did somehow overwrite their maps, so have at it. I had no idea what I was doing when I started, but it's fairly easy to figure out with some messing around. I don't have a laptop so I had a 15 foot USB cord out my window to hook up to my bike, lol.

Ricenoodle

,“ Then just move the knob to the position you set the desired map to and badda bing badda boom.
thanks for the replies. but how do you know what position you're at to set it after you send it to the appropriate spot in the software? It's a Phillips screw, not really the best indicator. know what I mean. maybe I'm nuking it:rolleyes:

Last edited:

MaximumHP

thanks for the replies. but how do you know what position you're at to set it after you send it to the appropriate spot in the software? It's a Phillips screw, not really the best indicator. know what I mean. maybe I'm nuking it:rolleyes:
See the picture below, it's kinda an arrow, but like I said, it can be hard to see. I like to verify the position with the software, which will tell which position is selected. My suggestion is using a perfectly sized flat head in the non-arrow portion of the screw so you don't strip it out.

Attachments