Question for all GO PRO users?!

b_who

Ive just gotten my Go Pro HD and for some reason when i record the sound will be right but the video will speed up then speed down over and over in about 2 second intervals, but more times then not it works just fine. its only happened 3 times out of about 12 videos.

has anybody came across this issue?

b_who

b_who

whats the speed of the card? Should say something like **MB/s.
its a class 4 so it should be 4MB/s
but i guess its my computer because i uploaded a lil video on youtube that was super choppy but on youtube its normal and stays at speed so im guessing my computer is just too underpowered or my card just has to slow of an upload speed.
on my pc it speeds up then slows on and off but after i uploaded it, its normal:confused: so w/e hopefully when i upload a video of me riding itll be fine
guess time will tell.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icosLRTbQ2s]YouTube - go pro tests[/ame]

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Last edited:

Heineken

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Make sure you have the latest update on it as well...

Sage

I've been using a class 4 PNY SDHC card that is 16GB and haven't had any problems. My guess is that your computer just can't keep up or your gopro needs the latest update. Or there is the possibility that the card is just not that great which has happened to me with a few other sd's in the past.

b_who

yea its for sure my computer because when i plug in the go pro into my tv and play it directly from the go pro the picture is clear and steady and the video is only choppy on my PC when the video is full screen

if you u look at the pic i attached that shows my live pc usage you can see my PC, the red 100% and thats when its full screen and the gray which is about 50% is when i was watching it at about half screen.
So glad it wasn't the memory card or go pro that were messed up or bad.

thanks a lot for all your input guys

Attachments

MikeN02

Yep, was going to say it's your computer afterwards.

I know I had a old computer before and it would be very choppy when playing HD videos.

b_who

Yep, was going to say it's your computer afterwards.

I know I had a old computer before and it would be very choppy when playing HD videos.
yeah idk why i didn't think that might of bin a problem in the 1st place until i noticed my widget displacing the CPU usage was maxed out. funny thing is my computer is barely a year old but i know video and video editing needs a lot of computing power so makes sense why the vids were choppy

JSP

Super Moderator
Ah, yes....Forgot about that. Thats actually the reason I bought a brand new computer. :D Just so I could use my GoPro on it! haha. The old one wouldnt handle .MP4 worth a shit.