Puig windscreen

owldaddy

PHP:
A few weeks back I order the Puig windscreen from SoloMoto in black. When we received the order the windscreen is clearly marked Yamaha FZ6R 2009 and it looks great by the way. We take it out of the plastic and immediately you can see that it is not cut for our bike. We still try to line it up and the screw holes are not aligned with the factory's setting. Disappointed because it would look really great if it fit.
I had the same problem with the one I ordered. I had to send it back as well, and as you said elderproctor, it would have looked cool if it fit. I guess the Yamaha item is the only one guar-teed to fit our bikes? Or am I missing other screens that are available?

Roaddawg

PHP:
A few weeks back I order the Puig windscreen from SoloMoto in black. When we received the order the windscreen is clearly marked Yamaha FZ6R 2009 and it looks great by the way. We take it out of the plastic and immediately you can see that it is not cut for our bike. We still try to line it up and the screw holes are not aligned with the factory's setting. Disappointed because it would look really great if it fit.
I had the same problem with the one I ordered. I had to send it back as well, and as you said elderproctor, it would have looked cool if it fit. I guess the Yamaha item is the only one guar-teed to fit our bikes? Or am I missing other screens that are available?
Yamaha is the only one...right now

bigpish13

I finally got the proper fitting touring windsccreen! Fits llike a glove. It was too late to test drive when I got it but I will definitely put in my review when I get the chance. It was shipped from Spain and took 3 months wait. Can't wait to ride later and test it out.

bigpish13

OK here is my take on the puig touring windscreen. First some background info. I am 5 11. My usual speed is avg. 80 mph and travel mostly windy soCal highways which is around 45-50 degrees presently. I plan to ride year round which is why I needed a taller windscreen.
After my first ride with the Puig touring ws, I was very pleased. When I ride upright, there is minimal wind resistance on my body, almost none really. Seems like most of the air gets directed over my shoulders and over and around my helmet although I still feel the cool air but not nearly as bad as the stock ws. It's a pretty clean ride with minimal wind noise compared to the standard windscreen. Riding while tucked down is a somewhat different experience. There is definitely very good wind coverage. I don't even feel the cold air. Only downside is I tend to fog up more since there really is no airflow to the helmet vent. Wind noise is more pronounced in this position. More wind turbulence over the helmet seems to do this. Don't get me wrong, it is tolerable. I would prefer some wind noise over cold air.
As far as fit and finish, It's made with high quality and perfect fit. I looks pretty good. I think it has the better looking design than all that is out there presently. It does not look akward either for a taller windscreen.
All in all, it was worth the wait. It serves all the needs I expected with this windscreen. :thumbup:

bigpish13

I forgot to mention the cost a bit on the high side-$145. shipped. Anyone interested in this product you can contact Dean of OFD racing - [email protected] He is the ceo. I actually tried to bargain with the price on behalf of the forum and agreed to give 5% off for our members. Just mention when you email him you are part of the www.600cc.org. It will take 6 weeks to get it since it's coming from Spain. That's all folks! feel free to pm me if needed.:)

Deanohh

I bought a racing windscreen from Motorcycle Superstore and just rec'd it. NOT the correct fit. Looks like it is almost right shape, etc but the screw holes are off and there is no way it fits flat on the cowl. Returned it but M S doesn't know what the problem is.

owldaddy

I bought a racing windscreen from Motorcycle Superstore and just rec'd it. NOT the correct fit. Looks like it is almost right shape, etc but the screw holes are off and there is no way it fits flat on the cowl. Returned it but M S doesn't know what the problem is.
They probably sold you the one I returned last year. I sent a note telling them it wouldn't fit the US model FZ6R. So your out the $7 to return it, as was I.

JSP

Super Moderator
They probably sold you the one I returned last year. I sent a note telling them it wouldn't fit the US model FZ6R. So your out the $7 to return it, as was I.
You shouldnt have to pay return shipping on a product that they sent which is not for your bike... That sucks. I would just dispute credit card charge and if they want the screen back, send me a return label.

Deanohh

You shouldnt have to pay return shipping on a product that they sent which is not for your bike... That sucks. I would just dispute credit card charge and if they want the screen back, send me a return label.
They sent a prepaid shipping label because it is their error.

staindlegend

You probably got the XJ6 version as I've read that the holes don't match up. Just ordered mine a couple days ago from motorcycle superstore. Hopefully they don't screw mine up too :D

staindlegend

Just got my puig racing windscreen yesterday from motorcycle superstore. Luckily was the correct fit and looks awesome! I have a question for those of you that also have this screen: it came with some rubber tubing I'm assuming your suppose to fit around the edge to keep the screen from scratching the paint. Has anyone used this? Doesn't seem like there is enough of the tubing to efficiently protect. Also, it doesn't look like the screen will rub the paint anyway. Any thoughts on this? If you did use it, where did you put the tubing? Thanks.

PWJ

To answer your question about that tube. It goes on top of the screen because it has a sharper edge they give it to you as an option to put on to smooth it out. I did not put it on because I think it is unnecessary. The only time that sharper edge could be a problem is in an accident and your head getting a cut on it. Again that's why we wear helmets. It does not go anywhere else and the screen doesn't touch anywhere to scratch the paint. Enjoy the screen it completely changes the wind going over the rider for the better. Riders in moto gp or isle of man use the same style or racing screen

staindlegend

To answer your question about that tube. It goes on top of the screen because it has a sharper edge they give it to you as an option to put on to smooth it out. I did not put it on because I think it is unnecessary. The only time that sharper edge could be a problem is in an accident and your head getting a cut on it. Again that's why we wear helmets. It does not go anywhere else and the screen doesn't touch anywhere to scratch the paint. Enjoy the screen it completely changes the wind going over the rider for the better. Riders in moto gp or isle of man use the same style or racing screen
Thanks. I was actually just thinking that might be were it goes. Haven't been able to ride yet as its still nasty gravely roads right now but I'm sure it will be much better.

Deanohh

After returning the Puig that didn't fit to Motorcycle Superstore, I ordered one from SoloMOto and cautioned them about the wrong style that doesn't fit. They said they would confirm the cross reference with the Puig part no.

Rec'd from them and is the right one and fits perfect. Very nice improvement to bike.

morno

Thanks. I was actually just thinking that might be were it goes. Haven't been able to ride yet as its still nasty gravely roads right now but I'm sure it will be much better.
staindlegend- any chance you could post a pic w/ the dark smoke windscreen? Thanks,

-Dan

staindlegend

staindlegend- any chance you could post a pic w/ the dark smoke windscreen? Thanks,

-Dan
I might be able to tomorrow (2-28-11). I find pictures in the garage to have bad lighting and don't look very good. Reflects poorly on the true look of the bike. Lately the weather has been pretty nasty here in Montana. However, today was fairly nice and hopefully tomorrow so I might wheel it out for a couple pics.

pnosko

I was wondering what tint you get on your touring screen? I have a blue fz6r and am considering the smoke or the dark smoke tint.

staindlegend

Ok. Weather wasn't so nice today so I just took these in my garage. Not bad but lighting just kinda sucks. Good enough I guess.

Attachments