Puig windscreen that fits!

joloy133

Saw the new Puig windscreens at Berkeley Yamaha. These fit and have a different shape with regards to the lines they chose. It was in their parts catalogue. Cost was starting at $92. (Our $25 off coupon only applies for Yamaha stuff so I ordered the stock clear shield.) They look good but pics on the net hard to find. Did a search here because I thought someone posted a thread but couldn't find it. Fresh Stuff!

MikeN02

Notice any difference between the Puig from the Yamaha Double Bubble from looking?

Do a write up if you can when you get it!

ksanbon

Has anyone bought one?

Here's the link for the picture:
http://www.puigusa.com/tuning-bikes/yamaha-fz6r-2009/puig-racing-screens/c171en/f213-r2-m2722/

I've been trying to find one to replace my scratched Yamaha DB. Here's the e-mail I received from Puig.

Hello Keith:
You can have your dealer contact www.wps-inc.com , Tucker Rocky-Leader in Wholesale Distribution of Powersports Parts, Accessories and Apparel , OFD.com .

It is available. Part # 5547H for light smoke or 5547F for a dark smoke.

Thank you for your interest.

Last edited:

kevcoop

I would contact Dean at OFD Racing. He is already helping some memebers of this forum with other parts for our bikes.

He is good guy and wont steer you wrong. [email protected]

Tell him your from this forum.

ME_with_a_B

So does the "new" Puig screen fit? (for realz) Anybody have contact info on a vendor? Photos of different colors? I'd really like a tinted screen... but want something other than the Yamaha DB.

UNDATC

a little off topic here, but I keep seeing alot of people here talking about a $25 dollar off coupon. Where can I find it? I was not given any coupon when i bought my bike.

Roaddawg

a little off topic here, but I keep seeing alot of people here talking about a $25 dollar off coupon. Where can I find it? I was not given any coupon when i bought my bike.
They mailed them out a while back. I also recently got some paperwork on extending the warranty too.

bigpish13

PUIG Touring Screens for Yamaha FZ6R 2009

Replacement screens For the bike model Yamaha FZ6R 2009 | Puig

PUIG Touring Screen

For long distance rides, PUIG introduces the Touring series to minimize the windblast against the rider. These screens raise the windblast in several centimiters allowing the rider to keep a more comfortable position riding the motorcycle and a shaded part on the lower section of the screen to cover cables behind the speedometer.*
*(Except in black, dark smoke and carbon look colors).

These are the available colors for this product

* BlackBlack REF. 5548N
* BlueBlue REF. 5548A
* CarbonCarbon REF. 5548C
* ClearClear REF. 5548W
* Dark SmokeDark Smoke REF. 5548F
* GreenGreen REF. 5548
* OrangeOrange REF. 5548T

just ordered this through my dealer, cost $150. a bit steep I know but I hope it will provide me the needed wind blockage. The wind also adds to fatigue. I'll post pics as well as my review when I get it. I tried to chop off my standard windsceen as others did here. The wind noise was reduced. A lot less turbulent wind, however the wind blasts to my body is now increased 50 times greater. Now I really have to fight the wind and really crouch down low and hug my gas tank to get more aerodynamic.
bigpish13 is online now Add to bigpish13's Reputation Report Post
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Edit/Delete Message

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Mkeenan13

If you contact Star Cycle they will sell it for 75 bucks. Any color! Problem is they are on back order till friday the 3rd.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Stephenfz6r

I don't see how 2cm will reduce fatigue or improve the protection either. You have to stand up to get out of the wind noise of the windshield so you will still have the fatigue from the noise. Like all things there are always trade-offs.:banghead:

bigpish13

Finally found a dealer in Arizona that hopefully can get a fz6r. It's coming from Spain, hope the mounts are the same. I kinda like this look better than the cee baileys. Only drawback is it won't come till end of October. If and when I get it , I'll definitely put a review and picks.

atomoverride

Finally found a dealer in Arizona that hopefully can get a fz6r. It's coming from Spain, hope the mounts are the same. I kinda like this look better than the cee baileys. Only drawback is it won't come till end of October. If and when I get it , I'll definitely put a review and picks.
Doesnt look that much bigger than stock, but 75$ is a good price.

A1A

Looks about 4 or 5 inches higher than the stock screen. The bubble should help direct wind higher as well. I like the looks of this screen too.