proton flushmount Leds

redprodigy35

Thx so much for the quick comprehensive response!

RooKie

Hey everyone! Just installed flushmounts on my 6R and I can honestly say that I am extremely disappointed.:mad: The fitting is absolutely horrible and the brightness leaves a lot to be desired. I would have put the stock ones back on, but I decided to leave the crap ones on since it will be easier to remove those when I get a decent set.

Does anyone have flushmounts that are a) Bright enough to be seen in daylight and b) actually fit properly? If you do, please post links to where you got them from and to the relay, if you bought one as well.

Thanks Everyone!:cool:

applejax

Are you sure you ordered the right ones for the bike? They are shaped like the indentation and come with a nut and washer to secure them,

Yes, they aren't all too bright during the day and don't shine forward much at all.

RooKie

Are you sure you ordered the right ones for the bike? They are shaped like the indentation and come with a nut and washer to secure them,

Yes, they aren't all too bright during the day and don't shine forward much at all.
Sure had the right shape and connectors, the lights didn't come with the washer and nut to secure. Only a double-sided adhesive.

I see that the proton lights are much brighter than the ones I received AND they do have the nuts and washers like you mentioned. I supposed I'll just go with those. The price is a bit stiff, but since they are running lights that means I don't have to worry about installing resistors!

Thanks for the feedback!:cool:

2416ryan

Recently installed some Proton Flush Mount Turn Signals myself. I made a first impressions video (my first Youtube video! lol):

Proton Turn Signal Flush Mounts for Yamaha FZ6R - First Impressions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhiLVmTARXM

I also made a how-to for installing them. I will have to edit a few different video clips together - I should have it posted soon. Hopefully these will be helpful!

-Ryan

Smokey_Doc

Recently installed some Proton Flush Mount Turn Signals myself. I made a first impressions video (my first Youtube video! lol):

Proton Turn Signal Flush Mounts for Yamaha FZ6R - First Impressions
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhiLVmTARXM

I also made a how-to for installing them. I will have to edit a few different video clips together - I should have it posted soon. Hopefully these will be helpful!

-Ryan
NIce video man. I literally used it today to install mine.

BoneJj

I'm just going to put this out there....

Bikes are hard enough to see as it is and then you guys go and yank the turn signals off the bike and put these flush mounts with extremely dim LEDs in them and expect them to work.... These things are a failure at function.

If anything you should be replacing your side markers with high powered LED system that will actually get you seen...

I'm actually in the middle of working up a 4-5watt LED set to replace my stockers on my bike so I can stand out and be seen all that much better.

Botty12

That's the only thing stopping me from getting flush mount. Stock lights doooo look a lil wonky...but I'd rather them look wonky as opposed to me being a wonky looking hood ornament on a car. That said, I'd prefer something brighter still. At least the running lights are good for at night since they stick out so much.

And for the tail end...the light's about the size of a bicycle light...really hard to distinguish me as a motorcyclist at night. Would love to have a wider tail light with some running lights integrated into the back along with a fender eliminator...make it nice n slick since those stock ones aren't running lights.

BoneJj

That's the only thing stopping me from getting flush mount. Stock lights doooo look a lil wonky...but I'd rather them look wonky as opposed to me being a wonky looking hood ornament on a car. That said, I'd prefer something brighter still. At least the running lights are good for at night since they stick out so much.

And for the tail end...the light's about the size of a bicycle light...really hard to distinguish me as a motorcyclist at night. Would love to have a wider tail light with some running lights integrated into the back along with a fender eliminator...make it nice n slick since those stock ones aren't running lights.
I'm actually working on a system for this right now.. it'll be a while before it's done but it will fix that issue!

FJRGuy

I'm just going to put this out there....

Bikes are hard enough to see as it is and then you guys go and yank the turn signals off the bike and put these flush mounts with extremely dim LEDs in them and expect them to work.... These things are a failure at function.

If anything you should be replacing your side markers with high powered LED system that will actually get you seen...

I'm actually in the middle of working up a 4-5watt LED set to replace my stockers on my bike so I can stand out and be seen all that much better.
So these Protons are "dim LEDs" ? Hmmmm... gotta look into that.
I personally, in 3+ decades of riding, have found that a good flush mount signal is as good or better than the stockers found on most bikes... and looks a hell of a lot better... particularly in the FZ6-R's case. For visibility, get yourself a good set of motorcycle lights. 4-5 watts just ain't gonna do that much for you!... IMHO

Does anyone have specs on this product? I can't find anything more than "super brightness" on the seller's description and, of course, that's just sales speak.

And I'm still looking to see some good photos of the lights both loose and installed.

Last edited:

BoneJj

So these Protons are "dim LEDs" ? Hmmmm... gotta look into that.
I personally, in 3+ decades of riding, have found that a good flush mount signal is as good or better than the stockers found on most bikes... and looks a hell of a lot better... particularly in the FZ6-R's case. For visibility, get yourself a good set of motorcycle lights. 4-5 watts just ain't gonna do that much for you!... IMHO

Does anyone have specs on this product? I can't find anything more than "super brightness" on the seller's description and, of course, that's just sales speak.

And I'm still looking to see some good photos of the lights both loose and installed.
4-5 Watts in proper efficient LEDs will yield some serious light. On the set I built a couple years back got me flashed at all the time because people got pissed off because I ran them hard. With the newer series in LEDs the yield a much higher lumen now as well. You got to know your LEDs. Check out the Clearwater Krista and Glenda units, those are on the extremes of the led markers.

via mobile, crazy...

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

FJRGuy

4-5 Watts in proper efficient LEDs will yield some serious light. On the set I built a couple years back got me flashed at all the time because people got pissed off because I ran them hard. With the newer series in LEDs the yield a much higher lumen now as well. You got to know your LEDs. Check out the Clearwater Krista and Glenda units, those are on the extremes of the led markers.

via mobile, crazy...
Certainly the quality of the LED makes a difference but most of the lights on the market in that range are lower light output and of little use. The colour of the light is also a huge factor in getting attention and is often the cause of motorist flashing as they mistake whiter for brighter. The Clearwater lights are the cat's ass in Auxiliary Lighting, which is why many of us serious tourers use them, but they are NOT "markers." Which was kinda my point. marker lights don't get you seen, they help determine orientation of a vehicle once you are seen. Real Aux lights will not only make you more visible, but will make everything in front of you more visible too you.

Botty12

H'ok! Take a picture of your flush mounted lights (for those of you who did/are going to install them) in bright daylight from the front, and a picture at night same view. Post those pics up with descriptions of what it is and what you did...so we can be more knowledgeable and make more informed judgements:)