Promoting the FZ6R

ajskillz13

So, every time someone asks "What kind of bike do you have?" I always get this feeling of 'Geez, do I really have to try to stutter through F...Z...6...R..., because I know this schmoe has never heard of it?'

Sometimes, I go ahead and just say it's a Yamaha and explain that it's a sport bike, but not a supersport. However, today I went ahead and mumbled the whole deal out to a worker at Arby's who saw my helmet.

He then started asking more questions about where I bought it and such. Come to find out that he was looking at the 2010 White / Red model at the closest dealer to me. He was pretty impressed that I guessed the color when he told me where he found it. (It's the only one they have ;))

It was neat to talk to someone who was into the sport as I am now. He explained how he had an old Ninja ZX6, but crashed and broke his wrist and is now needing something like ours with the upright seating. He said he really liked the FZ6R, so I made sure to tell him how happy I was with mine.

Long post, but my wife won't think this story is as cool as you will, so this is where it gets said!

Bottom line... Promote our bike! Let everyone know how great it is and how much you love it! Maybe we can get more Americans to enjoy this style of bike and build a bigger market for it.

cavcuz05

I say i have a sport cruiser...but most of the time i say a Yamaha too

Roaddawg

I usually say its a Yamaha FZ6R an upright sitting sportbike made for city and commute riding...

b_who

I go through the same thing
i just tell them its an FZ6R, most don't know what it is so I just explain its a newer Yamaha model that came out in 09
i dont mind talking about my bike though, i actually see a lot more interest in them now that more and more people are finding out about them

from what dealers tell me, they say Yamaha never really promoted it and thats why there having so many left overs but then again i still see brand new 09 supersports up for sale.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

rahuljp

I start out with saying its a Yamaha.... with a more upright riding position and if they look like they want more info... then I try to relate it to a bike they know... namely the R6... I say that its a tuned down R6 engine... (which it is..)... and that usually satisfies people enough!

ChUcK

I just say 6R. If the person knows the difference between the 6R and the R6, or wants to know the difference, then the conversation is on.

NoDoze

Most of the time, I say the whole name while stumbling with the last few letters. lol

"Yamaha FZ.. 6.. R!"

Usually, that is where it ends because some people can not even tell the difference between a super sport and our sport (touring-commute-like-best-all-around) bike by looking at it. They just see a cool bike :)

However, if they know what it is or want to know more, then they'll keep talking about it or ask questions.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Chucker

I say Yamaha FZ6R and it usually ends there. I think that's because they usually realized it was a stupid question because they don't know anything about bikes and if I'd said "It's a Q8RN", it wouldn't have made a difference to them.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member
Last edited:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I usually tell people it's a Yamaha 600. If they ask more, great! If not, have a nice day. :D

Mr Citrus

I usually tell people it's a Yamaha 600. If they ask more, great! If not, have a nice day. :D
Thats what I say also, most asked question is if it's an r6, "nope, its much more comfortable":D