Pristine 2013 Yamaha FZ6R - 4,900 Miles - $5700 OBO (Phoenix AZ)

Nik2133

2013 Yamaha FZ6R - Phoenix, Arizona
Never dropped or even scratched / Pristine Condition
4,8xx original miles.
Color: Yamaha Team Blue (Blue & White, see pics)
Runs and sounds amazing
Title in hand, I'm the first owner.

Upgrades:
Fender Eliminator
Sliders
Spools for stand
Tinted Touring Windscreen

I have the stock parts.
Recently serviced
Chain lubed every 600 miles
Almost all the miles (4,8xx) on pleasure and easy rides to Payson, Globe, etc
Gas mileage averages 52 miles per gallon.
Price: $5,700 OBO

Attachments

latony007

this is almost identical to the other blue 2013 that went up for sale today. Neither of you had it very long, didnt like it? i can't imagine that, maybe moving up to a bigger one?

Nik2133

this is almost identical to the other blue 2013 that went up for sale today. Neither of you had it very long, didnt like it? i can't imagine that, maybe moving up to a bigger one?
Hi Tony,

I bought a 2014 Ninja 1000 recently. It was always my intention to buy a liter-bike. But, I wanted to give myself a year of experience on a 600 cc bike as I owned a Ninja 300 before that. A jump from 300 to 1000 would have been too steep. So, I gained almost 5000 miles of experience on a 600 cc :)

The FZ6R is a great bike..

latony007

Hi Tony,

I bought a 2014 Ninja 1000 recently. It was always my intention to buy a liter-bike. But, I wanted to give myself a year of experience on a 600 cc bike as I owned a Ninja 300 before that. A jump from 300 to 1000 would have been too steep. So, I gained almost 5000 miles of experience on a 600 cc :)

The FZ6R is a great bike..
Thats good thinking, go post on the other thread where the guy wants to go from first bike fz6r to an R1 and he is commuting on it. I recomended the Ninja 1k. Did you look at the FZ1? i really like that too, if it had full fairings i might have bought one already. Plus im trying to trade my cruiser up to a can am right now.

Nik2133

Thats good thinking, go post on the other thread where the guy wants to go from first bike fz6r to an R1 and he is commuting on it. I recomended the Ninja 1k. Did you look at the FZ1? i really like that too, if it had full fairings i might have bought one already. Plus im trying to trade my cruiser up to a can am right now.
Hi Tony,

I did consider the FZ1. But decided on the Ninja 1000 as it scored on (a) ABS (b) OEM hard bags as an option with a single key - these bags can be mounted/unmounted in less than 60 seconds both (c) Traction Control (d) And it rides really well... Most importantly, I got a deal on a used bike - it was 3700 miles on the ODO and it came with the OEM bags, Sergeant Seat and some other goodies - all $10,500 out the door. An offer I could not pass up on. Which is why I now have 2 bikes. Ideally I would've waited to sell my FZ6R before buying the N1K. Thanks for the tip...

latony007

Hi Tony,

I did consider the FZ1. But decided on the Ninja 1000 as it scored on (a) ABS (b) OEM hard bags as an option with a single key - these bags can be mounted/unmounted in less than 60 seconds both (c) Traction Control (d) And it rides really well... Most importantly, I got a deal on a used bike - it was 3700 miles on the ODO and it came with the OEM bags, Sergeant Seat and some other goodies - all $10,500 out the door. An offer I could not pass up on. Which is why I now have 2 bikes. Ideally I would've waited to sell my FZ6R before buying the N1K. Thanks for the tip...
That is a good deal, congrats. I wish the FZ1 had ABS too, dont know why Yamaha lagging so bad there. Enjoy!

Alex6

I always liked the ninja 1000 for the same reasons as Nik listed. What stopped me from buying it are two things: the insurance cost was double than for FZ1 and sitting ergos. I'm sure I'd adjust to the ergos but overall $$$ was a bit much. So I ended up with the 2013 FZ1 with 0 miles for 7200$ OTD. My traction control needs to be in my right wrist ... I hope.

Nik2133

I always liked the ninja 1000 for the same reasons as Nik listed. What stopped me from buying it are two things: the insurance cost was double than for FZ1 and sitting ergos. I'm sure I'd adjust to the ergos but overall $$$ was a bit much. So I ended up with the 2013 FZ1 with 0 miles for 7200$ OTD. My traction control needs to be in my right wrist ... I hope.
You're right, Alex. I was in the same boat as far as insurance was concerned. But one test ride on the Ninja 1000 was all that was needed to seal my mind. And as for ABS and traction control, again you're right, traction control is an added benefit. I could live without TC. But ABS is added peace of mind and insurance for me at least. I'm very risk averse. The ABS and the OEM hard bags were clear advantages in favor of N1K as my usage of the bike involves a lot of touring and very little commuting.

Alex6

I think that Yamaha is killing FZ1 just like they killed the FZ6. The new 2015 FJ-09 while is more touring/less sport than FZ1, but is also lighter, has TC and ABS, has 3 driving modes.

latony007

I think that Yamaha is killing FZ1 just like they killed the FZ6. The new 2015 FJ-09 while is more touring/less sport than FZ1, but is also lighter, has TC and ABS, has 3 driving modes.
im not sure i found the ergos that much different on the two, i was not aware the ninja was double insurance of the FZ1 i wonder why that is? I do think both the FZ1 and the FZ6R are gone despite what i have heard. i have not seen a 15 anywhere and its pretty late in the year. 7200 OTD is great on the FZ1, i was going to the yamaha demo ride saturday and they had one listed at 6995 but figured they would not budge on 1000 in BS fees. Maybe its worth a talk :) i dont think they have the FJ09 yet, its certainly something i would like to look at since the only thing they have left are naked bikes now which i dont care for. Other than the SS of course.

Alex6

The N1000 is rated as a SS and FZ1 is a sport tourer by the insurance underwriters. Add the cc into consideration and get more than double for the same coverages from several companies i asked for a quote

latony007

In fact I already switched the insurance from FZ6R to FZ1 and the diff is about $60 more
Good to know. Im actually trying to sell my cruiser and get a can am and keep my fz6r so now if i wind up coming out of the demo ride with an FZ1 it will be all your fault! :)