prayers please. father just had heart attack

JSP

Super Moderator
Any thoughts and prayers will help. At walmart getting camping supplies and my dad had a heart attack. At hospital right now. We can't see him. He is in cath lab. No clue what is happening right now. My mom got to go back when he came in and he has about 20 people surrounding him. Thank God he was not alone when this happened.. Ambulance came very fast. :( I'll update when i know more. Please keep him in your thoughts.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

FastFreddy

I'm praying now for father. I pray that the heart muscles relax and co-ordinate the electrical signals and muscle movements well and that there is no damage to the heart muscles and blood supply to the heart muscles is good.

The cath lab would be running tests to confirm what is good and what the problem might be, so they know what procedures will help fix.

The heart is strong, he'll be good.

I pray especially that the heart is pumping well as before and this was a temporary spasm that is immediately resolved.

bleedinblue

Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

BKP

Prayers and thoughts, Jay...

JSP

Super Moderator
Thank you. They were able to put a stent in and he is doing ok now. They will be keeping him for a few days. They will not know what kind of damage this did until they re check him in a few weeks. Hopefully minimal.

Fizzer6R

good thing he was able to get help ASAP, and they now have him stabilized... keep the faith!... he'll pull through!! thoughts are with you and family

Bert-Aus

Terrible news, hope he comes through ok

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
You have our prayers that he will recover fast and 100%. So glad to know he was not alone and got quick attention. Please let us know when you have more info. Godspeed....

JSP

Super Moderator
Sorry to hear, isn't this his second one now? Wasn't he already on blood thinners?

Thinking of him and you guys

The first one was when i wrecked. He went into AFIB. Not sure if that is a technical attack or not. But yes he was on a bunch of meds already for that. No surgery or anything was needed for that.

This one was a full out plaque blockage heart attack. :( The crazy thing is that this wednesday he was gonna pull the camper up to the lake and camp alone a few days till we came up friday. The doctors said if it happened then, we would have found him dead. Thank God that didn't happen.

It was me, melissa and naomi with him when it happened. He kept saying it was gas. He has done it many times like this so i thought nothing of it. This time it didnt stop. Very greatful two shoppers in walmart worked medical. One was an actual ER nurse. She was on the phone with 911 after we called and she was giving all info and vitals to them. She gave him asprin to chew as well.

Very scary stuff.