Power Commander and block off plates.

efforex

I installed my power commander and block off plates today. I am nervous hoping i did everything right and i checked things more then once. However the speed sensor wire that was shown on MistahT video did not come with mine and i bought the inncorrect wire size to hook it up. Is there a reason to hook this up if i am just going to run pre made maps and not making my own changes. If so i can always take everything apart again and do it but i must say taking the tank off wasn't as hard as i thought it was gonna be quite easy i might do a video to go more in depth to show those who might have more questions like i did.

MISTAH T used long allens must say much easier :D

Now just awaiting all the exhaust components to get here then i can load marthys maps and be roaring up the streets.

P.S i am really glad that i found this forum everyone is a great help and very nice. Even enough to give me the tough love i need about form and riding abilites so once again thanks to everyone that's been friendly and helped me out.

travisH3

You need to be tapped into the speed sensor to run marthy's maps. I'm not sure why, I just know you have to.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

efforex

I should clarify, my PCV didn't come with the extra wire. I had some scrap lying around with some connectors and did it myself.

Iirc, SOME Marthy maps don't need that speed wire, but his best map (AdvGear rev B) requires it. I run it, love it, run the sh!t outta my bike in straight lines, and still manage 45-ish mpg
Is there anyway to be sure its working i just went out and did it right now with my wife at night just to get it over with but i dont know how to tell if its working.

efforex

I should clarify, my PCV didn't come with the extra wire. I had some scrap lying around with some connectors and did it myself.

Iirc, SOME Marthy maps don't need that speed wire, but his best map (AdvGear rev B) requires it. I run it, love it, run the sh!t outta my bike in straight lines, and still manage 45-ish mpg
Did you notice a more gasey smell after installing the power commander v

travisH3

Did you notice a more gasey smell after installing the power commander v
yeah, but it may have to do with the exhaust. factory exhaust had some sort of catalyst to help emissions i believe.

No the PCV doesnt come with wire to hook it up. i forget what gauge i used though.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

efforex

yeah, but it may have to do with the exhaust. factory exhaust had some sort of catalyst to help emissions i believe.

No the PCV doesnt come with wire to hook it up. i forget what gauge i used though.
I still have the factory exhaust on there and running the map that came installed on the pcv for factory exhaust and filter. I must say that alone is a huge improvement in throttle response. So use the wire to wire to the two maps where is the best place to get a switch ?

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

efforex

I believe there is no "map" preloaded on the PCV. Any map you add just tells it how to modify the stock signal. So right now you're running the stock Yamaha map.

Don't see how it can be a huge improvement. Am I wrong?
There is a map that comes preloaded from dynojet that is made for your bike with a stock exhaust and air filter.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

efforex

You are right, they are available on the Dynojet website. But like MT said, I don't think they are pre loaded? Unless it change? Mine had the Zero map. All Dynojet do is preset the gear values and scalar for the speed sensor. You can try them all but you'll always get back to Advgear RevB! LOL :welcome:

I could ask if they can upload my Touring RevB map in there?
I was told that they came pre-loaded with a map made by dynojet for peak performance with a stock exhaust and filter i could be wrong and so could my information but the bike seems to be running a lot better :O

Btw i got my can today marthy just waiting on the headers :( :)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

efforex

Sweet! Should be there tomorrow if I remember well. Hey, it's possible the stock map is loaded... you'll find out when you plug in.
Yeah i have a buddy that's gonna let me borrow his laptop once i get it all installed :D

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

efforex

Same for me. I have a 10 yo laptop that I leave in the garage so I can plug in to tune my bike after a long ride (AutoTune)

Unfortunately, I don't know any Marthy that did the work for me...LOL:D

Once the Advgear RevB is uploaded, put the acceleration pump setting in (75, 30, 16%) and call it the day! It's a proven set up!
I live in a condo with no garage :( also what does the Pump setting do how do i change that.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member