Power commander 5 pissing me off

FZ6RGUY

Hey guys. Just installed my pcv on the bike. has a 2 bros full exhaust currently and got map from fuelmoto where i bought it from. Installed it all good. Start bike and warm it up. Took longer to warm up. Went to ride and man it feels so differant. So i am riding at about 45-50 mph and pull in clutch to come up to a stop sign to down shift and Nothing. Engine stalled instantly. Anything over 20 mph engine stalls instantly when i pull in clutch. It seems under 20 it does not. Brought bike back home and hooked up the pcv to my computer. I am able to pull the map. I saw something about resetting tps. SO i tried this to find when you try to open the throttle to full nothing happend. No voltage at all after fuel pump shut off. So i shut all down and opened again. Started bike and on computer it says pcv thinks it is at 100% throttle when the bike is at idle running. If i rev it at all it kills bike right after i let off. WHat could this be? I have used power commanders for over 5 years on quads and never ever had a issue. What you think? Any help would be great.:mad:

FZ6RGUY

Nobody has any idea?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

FZ6RGUY

Marthy i have tried to update the dang firmware like 5 times today from dynojet's website, and nothing. Does not work for some reason.

FZ6RGUY

FZ6RGUY

Lol. Thanks pal...

Spunky99

Martin is the best...We love him here....:D

ajiribarren

Marthy i have tried to update the dang firmware like 5 times today from dynojet's website, and nothing. Does not work for some reason.
Downgrade then upgrade the Firmware. It happened to me wen I first installed the PCV. Try to download an older firmware version from Powercommander UK's website, and when everything is working correctly upgrade it if you want

CDN6R

I find all this interesting since everyone,,well most seem to recomend PCV (PC5) over the Jiuce Box Pro as a fuel management system for the FZ6R. If there is an on going isssue with the PCV,why is it so popular? I know it may be a bit more "tuneable" but jeesh is it worth the hassle? So any one with a J.B. Pro ever have any issues like the ones with the PCV? Laurie

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Deanohh

I find all this interesting since everyone,,well most seem to recomend PCV (PC5) over the Jiuce Box Pro as a fuel management system for the FZ6R. If there is an on going isssue with the PCV,why is it so popular? I know it may be a bit more "tuneable" but jeesh is it worth the hassle? So any one with a J.B. Pro ever have any issues like the ones with the PCV? Laurie
I"ve used PCV on 2 bikes and don't feel it is an issue. With any gizmo you get these days, its pretty common to have to update the firmware or software with the latest from their website. As per their website, you need to update the software for your pc first, then using the updated software, install the firmware for the PCV unit. The only thing is if you get an error while updating the firmware, you install again and if will go further. If it doesn't complete then install again. After 3 installs it should go to completion. After doing that, all the functions have worked for me.

PCV has more adjustable features such as accelerator pump and fuel maps are detailed, and you can map each cylinder separately if you have the dyno and setup to probe each header, not just in zones as with the JB. Also the autotune add on unit is possible with the PCV which will continuously trim the fuel tables based on predetermined air/fuel ratios.

FZ6RGUY

Hey guys. Marthy sent me the firmware update this morning and it worked the first time. I have no idea why. As soon as i had gotten my other three pcv's i always updated before installing them on the bikes. Never had an issue. This one did for some reason. But after using the one from marthy it worked. I have not road the bike yet as it is raining now. But the TPS is now reading properly. Thanks marthy

FZ6RGUY

Well i got back on the bike tonight and it still dies. Not everytime but a lot of the time when i am going 20 mph or more and pull the clutch in with out downshifting or upshifting, the rpm drops and the bike shuts off. This is really starting to make me mad. Marthy called me and helped me over the phone and helped me setup the tps and all that. DId not get to ride it now and it still does it. Bike took forever to warm up. Took prob 8-10 mins to get to 150 degrees.

firefighter57

FZ6RGUY, you aren't making me feel to easy considering I just ordered a new PC5 from indysuperbike.com

I hope mine does not run like this cause for almost 300 bucks, it better run perfect.

FZ6RGUY

firefighter, i hear ya. I talked to marthy again and it appears that there is a new firmware update on their website that has not been working for me at all. I have been messing with it for over an hour tonight again. Now after trying to download it again to the PCV the red status light is now flashing all the time. This is my forth dynojet pc and have had no problems till now. I am very frustrated at this point. I should have called dynojet today but i thought we had it figured out earlier. Then it rained so i was not able to get out on the bike till late. IDK. I hope dynojet knows what is going on.

Fizzer6R

didn't read all the posts, so sorry if already done - have you removed the PCV and put bike back to stock to ensure all is still ok then? assuming you have tried different maps and bike still cuts off? maybe you got a bad unit and something just isn't right. maybe call them and see if there is a software test or ... you can run to troubleshoot

weird happens when you pull clutch in like a safety thing, but reverse. interesting to find out what it is.... good luck!

Hellgate

One guess on who makes the JBP for 2Bros.

FZ6RGUY

Hey guys. Spent a few on the phone with fuelmoto today which is where i got my pcv from. I ended up having to download the firmware update again and had to install it on the pcv like 4 times maybe more to get it to take it. I road the bike for a bout ten minutes earlier and it did not cut out once. I am going out here in a few minutes for a bit longer. But long story short. I had to udate firmware like 10 times for it to actually go to the pcv. It appears to be fine now. i will update in a hour or so.