Post crash pics

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Damn, that sucks man! Glad it wasnt any worse

WenMark

Glad to hear your Ok. Give that beauty some TLC and get her ready for the road again:)

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

demon408

hey while its naked

hey do u want to try somthin? i was lookin at some clip ons, they will put this bike in the full sportbike position, the clip ons are ebay cheap, but the only problem is the bike has to be naked to pull it off. :D but ne ways were u geared up when u went down? glap to hear ur okay.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

OTTF

Sorry to hear about your accident but glad to hear you and the bike didn't end up in too bad of shape.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I'm glad that you were geared up and that you came out fairly unscathed. You'll have it back together and be healed up and riding very soon!

I don't see all that severe of damage. However, I have a question to ask of you....:rolleyes: Since you are buying a new headlight, would you care to donate the damaged one to science?? I have a projector retrofit idea, and I wanted to give it a try on a salvaged headlight before I do it to a good one for keeps. If you are interested in sending it to me, send me a PM.

Heal up quick, and keep the rubber side down!

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

zig308

Being a new rider as well, an article that I read a while back about track bikes commented on a picture of a rider with only 2 fingers on the front brake and how that's all that's needed since the brakes are so good these days. I took the advice and do the same thing on the FZ6R. I feel like I have plenty of stopping power with only one or two fingers on the brake and feel like I have the muscle memory now not to grab too much. Even if I try to, it'll only be with 2 fingers. At least that's the theory...

Glad you're ok Diluted. I worry quite a bit about doing the same thing on a new bike all the time.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

nlpyle

Very glad to hear you are ok and even happier to hear you were geared up. Regaurdless of the weather I always wear gear so I am glad you did the same and I hope that did help in your situation. At least you have some great experience that a lot us of don't have and with that, that can only make you a better rider. Maybe some day you can look back and laugh. Just glad you are ok.
As far as the bike, it does look sorta cool naked and I guess if you wanted to do some mods now would be a good time :D
Take care my friend.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

PrangeWay

Ironic I did the same thing, only mine involved an intersection and a car left turning right in front of me. But front-flipping my bike was much, much, much more desirable than plowing into the side of a car. Full gear on so I came out okay after a short flight, but the poor bike... You are right though it is a good chance to mod it up, though I'm assuming the dudes insurance will cover all the repairs so I'll have to see what the dealer can slip in there...

Yone

These are the pics of my bike after my crash last week. I accidentally pulled a stoppie. The last two are after my friend and I stripped it down. The fairings are all fine, only about $300 worth of damage. Glad it wasn't worse, and I only ended up with a broken elbow! The bike looks kinda nice naked...
(Rookie question...) What's a "stoppie"?

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Being a new rider as well, an article that I read a while back about track bikes commented on a picture of a rider with only 2 fingers on the front brake and how that's all that's needed since the brakes are so good these days. I took the advice and do the same thing on the FZ6R. I feel like I have plenty of stopping power with only one or two fingers on the brake and feel like I have the muscle memory now not to grab too much. Even if I try to, it'll only be with 2 fingers. At least that's the theory...

Glad you're ok Diluted. I worry quite a bit about doing the same thing on a new bike all the time.
I probably should've only used two fingers. It's definitely something I'll be working on once I can get back on and ride.

Thanks!
Yeah, since the day I got my bike, I have only used two fingers on the brake lever. This was for two reasons: 1) I didn't want to grab too much brake in an emergency stop and 2) I want to get some aftermarket levers, and using only two fingers would build muscle memory for when I get some shorter levers.

Two fingers is more than enough. "That's what she said!" :rof:

zig308

When done by a professional, it's locking the front brake and balancing on the front wheel with the rear off the ground.

When done by an armature, it's locking the front brake and going over the handlebars.