Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

b_who

Id do it but i REALLY want an R6
Considering the 09 fz6r with low miles goes for between 4k and 5k it sounds like a good deal to me specially the R6 new is 3k more then are bikes.

JSP

Super Moderator
That's killer deal on 09! Id for sure do it. I love mine in the city. Very nimble and the power is just like the fz down low. But you have the killer top end when you want it. It's amazing in the corners.

6R Blackout

Japansel is definately the man to turn to, he can tell you, sounds like a good deal though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

CrazyCawi

That's killer deal on 09! Id for sure do it. I love mine in the city. Very nimble and the power is just like the fz down low. But you have the killer top end when you want it. It's amazing in the corners.
your such a tease.
I want a duc....
I want the fz...and I wish I could snag this but I just dont have the resources at this time

2002 998 Biposto | Ducati Minneapolis

You will love the R6 butler :cool:

swatguy

First off that's a great deal on 09 R6. I mean great. The sell in 7's all day in that year being mint here by me. But I don't live in a year round motocycle place so we tend to be bit higher. I made the switch and for me it has been perfect. I went R6S tho vs newer R6(r). Just a bit more street friendly for me in ergos and powerband. Was personal preference after spending time on an 08 R6. For me if I still lived in in the heart of the city the fz6r would still be my bike. Street lights and stop signs take their tool after a while of constant seeing them and stopping at them.

I now am outside city limits much more. I use my R6S as a commuter and love it. It gives me exactly what I was hoping it would. I did a write up on it. I am on my cell so can't link it, but just do a search.

It is again a great deal if mint

bleedinblue

Elite Member

DakinechicK

Sounds like a great deal.... especially being modded! I say if you have the resources to do it, and like it after the test ride then go for it! Good luck in your decision.

Fizzer6R

your such a tease.
I want a duc....
I want the fz...and I wish I could snag this but I just dont have the resources at this time

2002 998 Biposto | Ducati Minneapolis

You will love the R6 butler :cool:
CC, you can find them cheaper, IMHO it's not worth $7,995.00., they're adding a couple grand for the low miles. I had the mono (single seat instead of bi/rear seat) version. they were great bikes in their time, but are very outdated now. the newer gens, heck even the 999 is like night and day compared to the 916/996/998 series. 1098 and up is what you want, 07's are $8-9500.

NastyB - get that R6, it's a good deal w/low miles. ride it a while and if you don't like it you can always resell and get your $:thumbup:

Detrich

$5000 for an immaculate 2009 R6 with 3000 miles is a great deal! (If it helps u put things in perspective, I paid $8000 for my 2010 last April.)

You'll need to do 4000 mile service ($280) soon and get new shoes for it- cuz the SportMax tires won't last more than 5000+ miles. But, u can upgrade to Q2's for less than $300 installed. (I'm approaching 4k miles and am looking forward to the Q2's in a few months.)

I'm with Jay on this one. Love my R6 :)

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Detrich

2008 & 2009 don't have too many big differences. Mostly plastic cosmetics, colors, graphics etc.

The sprocket change is what lotta guys do to get more low end torque, I think. U sacrifice a little bit of top end speed for slightly more responsive low end power. Dunno if the chain weight makes that big of a difference. But u have to figure that all the Yamaha R&D went into the way the bike is weighted and balanced...

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Ugh. So I talked to him about it again this morning for a bit. Turns out I was way off. It's acually a 2006 R6, and has about 5100 miles on it. He's the original owner, but he said he did lay it down once. He said he replaced everything that was damaged, with some light scratches on the swingarm being the only indication that it was down. :(

Not nearly as excited about it now, but I'll still take it for a spin next month.
Well it just went from a great deal to a not good deal haha. That bike is only worth about $4k. I would not pay more than $3500 for it since its been down. To buy that bike from a dealer, full retail in immaculate condition is $4,900. Just for reference.

Detrich

2006 5100 is still decent but I'd ck CL and kbb and see where the chips fall. Am guessing that that is prolly still a decent price. But it's not the steal it was for a 2009...

CrazyCawi

im sorry buddy :(