pls recomend one peice track suit

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Which ever way you go always inspect the seam work.
All seams should have internal primary stitching, to check for it you can bend each seam back on itself, to open the joint slightly.
If you can see stitchwork passing through the layers of material internal to the seam, and not exposed to the outside of the suit, it should be okay.
Correct seam work will have internal stitching and exposed stitching.

Try on what ever you intend to buy first to ensure it will fit correctly.
My street 2 piece gear is a different size to my suit.
I believed I would be the same size, but upon trying on a couple suits in a bigger retailer, I discovered that size was too small.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

ylwf3vr

I don't know that I absolutely need a one piece vs a 2 piece but ill check with the track school before I sign up. I also heard that they may rent the leather suits at the track schools
How clean are they....? :eyebrow: LOL

Detrich

He's not on our forum much anymore, but I still talk to him on FaceBook and txt. For the old timers who still remember, our friend MikeN, who also had a blue 2009 6R...

He bought a Cycle Gear (Frank Thomas brand?) 1-piece race suit and he low sided at the track on his R6 multiple times. He was fine and his suit held up too. So I think the Cycle Gear held up really well for entry level suit.

For those who recall, back towards the end of 2010 Mike traded in his 6R for the dark gray R6, and unfortunately low sided that. Then he fixed it all up, but crashed again and then put on replica white/ red anniversary series plastics.

Anyhow. Long story short is the Frank Thomas suits held up.

JonKerr

Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

bmw675

I know you are wanting to go cheaper, but sometimes that's not always best. I bought an Entry level A* suit. It ripped on my in my crash and I got some nice rash. Freak things happen, but quality is important too. The organizations around here rent out suits, and you can tell they are DIRTY and have been down numerous times. I think I've seen a lot of joe rocket in their supply.

What size and price range is your target. Make sure it's snug, loose fitting can cause safety issues.

And as great as stg is, they are usually not the cheapest place, by far...

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Bert-Aus

In regards to fitting,
If the suits is tall enough for you but loose in arms and legs
you can get them taken in
but you will need to account for the extra $ to spend
as finding someone who is reputable at tailoring race leathers may be troublesome
and they will charge you for their expertise

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Detrich

I suggest that u buy a suit that's the correct fitment and avoid getting it altered. It's safer this way.

Unless u are really shaped abnormally wide or long, u will be able to find a brand and size that fits.

Just like helmets, every brand has different shape & fit. Some wider, some slimmer, and some that actually mold to your body after break-in. The only way to know is to go to the store and spend an hour or two trying them on.

It should be a skin tight fit when new. And, make sure to try on the body armor u intend to wear inside the suit at the same time. For the most part, your correct size without the armor ought to be ok- ie should allow for a back & chest protector. But try it on just to be safe.