Pledge= awesome bike cleaner.

miketriebsch

A Motorcycle cop friend of mine turned me onto an interesting cleaner for your bike between washes. Believe it or not but it's liquid pledge lol. I've been using it for a while now and it helps dissolve the bug guts while putting a glossy smooth shine, with zero streaks or scratches. Just thought I'd tell ya

tr1umph4nt

:confused:how do you think it will work on a plasti dipped paint? wouldnt it be to slippery??? haha!

Last edited:

JonKerr

Elite Member

0150r

I've been using Plexus for a while, but at $20 a can, it's a bit pricey. When I run out, I will give Pledge a try.

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

DakinechicK

I've been using pledge with a microfiber towel for a few years myself. Works great on your helmet and visor as well - although then you can smell the lemony freshness for a little while afterwards while wearing your helmet..... Clears your sinuses though!!

12fz6rblack

Haha pledge?? Wow I will have to try this out when I wash my bike in the next few days.. Too bad u cant shine up the tires a bit if you do then you will sure go for a slide

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Detrich

Yamaha sells a cleaner polish that works really well too. Slightly more expensive than pledge. But it's what they use the clean all the bikes in the showroom.

CrazyCawi

Yamaha sells a cleaner polish that works really well too. Slightly more expensive than pledge. But it's what they use the clean all the bikes in the showroom.
what bottle of pledge? they have so many kinds now

12fz6rblack

Well the mrs is going to start noticing she's going to be out of pledge more often ;) thanks for the tip you guys are awesome

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

S

SkyOrDie

You can also use Pledge to clean the bugs off your leather jacket. Pretty useful stuff. Perhaps it should be added to the short list of WD-40 and duct tape as the best multipurpose products.

-Stan

Chevyfazer

I tell you what else works really good, Simple green. Just spray it on then rinse it off, the stuff works wonders on the frame, engine and wheels. I don't use it on the tank or any plastics although I'm sure you could. But since there is no scrubbing or abrasives involved I like it.

Alex6

A Motorcycle cop friend of mine turned me onto an interesting cleaner for your bike between washes. Believe it or not but it's liquid pledge lol. I've been using it for a while now and it helps dissolve the bug guts while putting a glossy smooth shine, with zero streaks or scratches. Just thought I'd tell ya
Is this it?

Attachments

oldtouring b

Pledge

Make sure it is the lemon type. Works great on many things related to riding.

There is a rumor on the internet that Plexsus is pledge with a different scent!!

Detrich

I'll snap a photo of it when I get home. It's like $8 at the dealer. I let one of my friends clean his CBR with this and he said it really made his bike look great.

Detrich

Here u go.

miketriebsch

Sorry for the slow reply. It is the lemon pledge in the yellow can. I use it on everything but my tires, seats, and of coarse the engine. And at 4 bucks a can you can't beat it

DakinechicK

Wow guys... really?! You don't know what pledge looks like?? :facepalm:

I'm guessing you all aren't doing the dusting around ze house no? LoL!

Here....