Please post about your mishaps here

Detrich

dang, that is frightening... :(

MikeN02

I don't want to look because I just had my lunch but I'm guessing he caught his fingers on the sprocket and chain.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I don't want to look because I just had my lunch but I'm guessing he caught his fingers on the sprocket and chain.
That's exactly what he did! :spank:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
:rof:

A true "Oh shite" moment...

I want to know if the person went down cuz he was checking out the ladies walking down the street, rather than paying attention to what was ahead. :spank:

MikeN02

:rof:

A true "Oh shite" moment...

I want to know if the person went down cuz he was checking out the ladies walking down the street, rather than paying attention to what was ahead. :spank:
Lol, that was me. Yes I was checking out those ladies.

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Detrich

dang... sorry to hear that happened =(

but, were they hot tho?

i couldn't tell from the video- too blury... kekeke

rjsantana20

Ok, so I bought my bought 3 weeks ago. I left the dealer and 15 minutes later I found myself on the ground. Basically, I was making a left turn and didn't push down hard enough and took it wide. Luckily, there was a patch of grass/dirt/small rock and I was able to lay it down there. I was good and the 15min new bike was scratched. Still was able to get up and continue my 35 min ride back home.

Well, you know what they say.... DAMN you fell?!?!

MikeN02

Ok, so I bought my bought 3 weeks ago. I left the dealer and 15 minutes later I found myself on the ground. Basically, I was making a left turn and didn't push down hard enough and took it wide. Luckily, there was a patch of grass/dirt/small rock and I was able to lay it down there. I was good and the 15min new bike was scratched. Still was able to get up and continue my 35 min ride back home.

Well, you know what they say.... DAMN you fell?!?!
Sad to hear that happened! But I can't lie, that was pretty funny. I would have been soo embarrassed and got up and brushed it off.

Sounds like the time I first started riding... I wanted to show off a little and went too fast and took the turn anyways and took it too wide... went all over the grass in my neighborhood!

bjs045

So on my way home today some car ahead of me in the lane to the left of me kicked up this wire ring. It happened so fast, I tried to dodge it....All I saw were black fender pieces flying all over the place. I thought the front tire was going to lock up!! Good thing it didn't.

Pulled over to the side of the road....and WTF SERIOUSLY? LOL?!?

Anyone know how much a fender is for our bike? Thats a brand new tire (BT016) with less than 200 miles on it. The wire left an indent in the rubber. Should I replace it?....(again)

Attachments

Detrich

good to know you weren't hurt... bad luck indeed. :(

replacing the fender hopefully shouldn't be too difficult. i wonder if they come pre-painted or not... bikebandit.com carries a lot of oem parts. or, u could have the dealer order it and install it for u... for the tire, i think it's a judgement call. if the indentation is mild and it doesn't look like it's going to tear or split or affect grip, then it might be ok. but, always err on the side of caution, since the tires are very important to safety... maybe have the dealer or someone experienced physically look it over and get their opinion...

Kleinfalls

I was on the service road one day in the left hand lane - behind a construction truck pulling a trailer - the entrance ramp for the freeway was coming up - and he WAS going straight (front of vehicle already past where the paint divider on the road started) - so as I approached the entrance ramp I started to accelerate (like a bike does) - then he decides he wants to get on - just jerks over right in front of me - it was under a mixmaster (lots of bridges) and there were concrete barriers on the left hand side - luckily I got braked in time - had about 6 inches on both sides left by the time it was said and done - it's the close calls like this that remind us how dangerous it is out there

so important to be heard - these factory mufflers way too quiet

MikeN02

I was on the service road one day in the left hand lane - behind a construction truck pulling a trailer - the entrance ramp for the freeway was coming up - and he WAS going straight (front of vehicle already past where the paint divider on the road started) - so as I approached the entrance ramp I started to accelerate (like a bike does) - then he decides he wants to get on - just jerks over right in front of me - it was under a mixmaster (lots of bridges) and there were concrete barriers on the left hand side - luckily I got braked in time - had about 6 inches on both sides left by the time it was said and done - it's the close calls like this that remind us how dangerous it is out there

so important to be heard - these factory mufflers way too quiet
Same thing happened to me the other day. Was going to my exit on the right and accelerated through and this car decides he missed the exit, so he cut right through the white triangle over in front of me and luckily I slowed down quick enough.

I'm always afraid of locking up my brakes so I pump them now since I went down that way on my Ninja