PLEASE HELP!!!!!! turn signals and horn dont work!!!

51adwsu biker

how can i fix my turn signals and horn? they both do not work now after installing the protons, the head lights and high beams still work, so im not sure what is going on. i didnt touch the horn at all either.

Please help, i want to ride my bike legally soon!!!

Crocop43

Definetly fuses under the seat....yes i also believe it's fuse 4

Michael Wilson

if you replace the fuses and they still don't work check out your relays

51adwsu biker

since i dont have an owners manuel, can some one give me a step by step on how to do it, and how much it will cost to fix it?

JSP

Super Moderator
Something caused the fuse to blow... Are your protons hooked up right? Double check all of your work before replacing the fuse.

ChUcK

You beat me to it, JSpan. If the fuse is blown, then a new fuse will blow as well. The fuse is an indicator that something is wrong, not the answer itself.

It's like assuming that wiping your nose will cure your sinus infection- the runny nose is merely the symptom.

mdebuck

Ran into the same problem myself today. Except this was installing turn signals and a license plate light on the rear. I have the same issues except my rear tail light wont work either. I called my yamaha dealer and he suggested the fuse but also suggested a power converter or whatever for the LED lights. Still dont understand why my rear tail light is out.

JSP

Super Moderator
Ran into the same problem myself today. Except this was installing turn signals and a license plate light on the rear. I have the same issues except my rear tail light wont work either. I called my yamaha dealer and he suggested the fuse but also suggested a power converter or whatever for the LED lights. Still dont understand why my rear tail light is out.
Its all on the same circuit... If I do remember. Or you blew more than one fuse.

Are you guys making sure you have the right wires before you hook them up and fry shit? Lots of people popping fuses lately. Can get a cheap multimeter and make sure you have the right wires going to the right wires.

mdebuck

Yes i marked the wires before cutting the wires of the stock fender. And i installed one signal at a time and checked to see if they worked. Everything was good up until the license plate lights. Which is one of them lights inside of a bolt. After that it was a no go for everything