PLEASE be careful out there!!! 2 riders died last night.

JSP

Super Moderator
Two riders died here last night. The one in Bend is right off of the corner of my work and I live right down the road. tatty lives in Redmond where the other one occurred. Not a good night for bikers last night :(

Redmond motorcycle-car crash victim named | News - Home

I did not know the rider in Redmond. The name of the Bend rider has not been released so I hope it is not someone I know or have ridden with... Either way this is very sad.

CrazyCawi

Two riders died here last night. The one in Bend is right off of the corner of my work and I live right down the road. tatty lives in Redmond where the other one occurred. Not a good night for bikers last night :(

Redmond motorcycle-car crash victim named | News - Home

I did not know the rider in Redmond. The name of the Bend rider has not been released so I hope it is not someone I know or have ridden with... Either way this is very sad.
here was our local one:

WAITE PARK, Minn. - A motorcyclist was killed when he was struck by a car that ran a stop sign at a Waite Park intersection on Thursday afternoon, according to the Waite Park Police Department.

Police said a 31-year-old Sartell man traveling eastbound on 2nd Street South ran a stop sign and struck the motorcycle at about 1:30 p.m. The driver of the motorcycle, a 52-year-old Richmond man, was thrown from his bike into the path of a semi-tractor trailer.

The motorcyclist died at the scene. The driver of the car was not injured.

The intersection 2nd Street South and 28th Avenue was closed for several hours after the crash, authorities said.

Officials said possible charges are pending and that the crash remains under investigation.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Rookasaki

It's sad to read any news when a rider is killed. You must be a defensive rider out there! I feel for their families. Thanks for sharing J.

JSP

Super Moderator

l1tech

The couple killed on their bike on hwy 20 east of Salem last weekend were the parents of Cole, the store manager at Baxter auto parts in Bend. Hasn't been a good week for Central Oregon. My condolences go out to those families. It's a harsh reminder to all of us that it can all end in an instant. Everyone please stay sharp and alert.

Wooster

"One woman went right under that truck in short pants".........I'm not sure why they had to elaborate on this womans short pants.

JSP

Super Moderator
"One woman went right under that truck in short pants".........I'm not sure why they had to elaborate on this womans short pants.

Yeah, I caught that too... Didnt make sense why they would add that. :confused:

BKP

You know, it is right now that I realize how lucky I was to survive. One of these stories could have very well been me. It is severely dangerous out there, and I know that part of my return to motorcycling is going to be staying off the highway. While it seems it was both motorcyclists fault in these instances, cagers are not paying any attention and are extremely dangerous. Like Jay said, be VERY CAREFUL!!!! Thanks for posting Jay.
Was it? I'm reading, at least in one instance, the 31 yo cager ran the stop sign, and hit the 52 yo biker... maybe I'm misinterpreting?

JSP

Super Moderator
Was it? I'm reading, at least in one instance, the 31 yo cager ran the stop sign, and hit the 52 yo biker... maybe I'm misinterpreting?
I think he was referring to the 2 that I posted.

BKP

6R Blackout

When hearing that a fellow rider wether it be someone you know or someone across the country it almost makes you feel like you lost your own family member. It is all so sad and very scary cause all of us here on this forum and other riders forums we face death every single day we throw a leg over and get out on the road.

Did we cheat death every time we arrive home safe?

Would you call it cheating death, what about mechanical failure, tire, chain etc, not to mention watching for other cars, trucks and other vehicles on the road.

I was on the road the other day and an 18 wheeler right behind me blew out a tire if someone on a bike were behind him it could have been devastating.

I will say it again it saddens me too hear another rider anywhere lost there life, but I guess its that risk we all knowingly take on every time we ride.

My thoughts and prayers go out the families of the fallen riders.

6R Blackout

And for this to happen twice, in one evening, in the same area is hard to handle too. These incidents that happened around here, Jay and I's location, are pretty much unheard of.
That being said it can happen anywhere at anytime!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 6R Blacout