Plastics/fairings for the FZ6R are how much?

pyrocpu

Disclaimer: nothing's happened to the bike or me!

I'm always hearing about how expensive OEM plastics/fairings are. Has anyone checked to see how much they ACTUALLY are, for the FZ6R? I'm just curious... :confused:

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

KADO

Disclaimer: nothing's happened to the bike or me!

I'm always hearing about how expensive OEM plastics/fairings are. Has anyone checked to see how much they ACTUALLY are, for the FZ6R? I'm just curious... :confused:
The place where I had to buy a part for once has them for $429.45 plus shipping

pyrocpu

Gotcha. $429-$500 doesn't sound so bad. A co-worker of mine w/ a GSX-R600 said a set of plastics will run $3500!

Thanks again all!

JonKerr

Elite Member

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Detrich

ouchie! how much do mirrors cost? lol

Superfly

Are the different color fairings basically interchangeable? ie could you convert a raven black to the blue or yellow just by buying 500 bucks worth of new fairings???

joloy133

With some time there maybe aftermarket ones available that are unpainted. It's going to be a long time because ours aren't really track bikes so demand won't be there like for gixxers,...etc. The dealer, ebay, or salvage yards are all we've got. (Can't get the yellow paint in CA anymore!)

porky45

Are the different color fairings basically interchangeable? ie could you convert a raven black to the blue or yellow just by buying 500 bucks worth of new fairings???
The fairings are all interchangeable. Same mounting holes and what not.

JonKerr

Elite Member

ashleyt328

well it depends on wat fairings u want the front is like 500 and the sides are like 400 a piece and somebody ask about mirrors i think 100 for one. i was in accident on mines and paid a lot for one side.

porky45

well it depends on wat fairings u want the front is like 500 and the sides are like 400 a piece and somebody ask about mirrors i think 100 for one. i was in accident on mines and paid a lot for one side.
mind telling me where you get side fairings painted for $400/ea?

vitrox

one more reason why i'm street fightering my fz, i bought it wrecked and priced out fairings, it would be around 2k to replace all the scratched/broken fairings. Each piece is 400-500, and there is more than one.

roidrage

the cheapest place i bought fairngs what cheapcycleparts.com... u can buy anything from them... missing bolts or bulbs, anything u need. i layed my bike down a bought everything from them... about 2000 dollars worth

Psgibbs87

Wow - that's pretty steep. I googled that too and found complete sets for under $1000. If your friend ever needs another set, send him/her my way :)
I could use your help in finding some of this stuff. I just had my first get off last night and need a new faring, handle bar and foot peg. Thank goodness i had frame sliders though which saved me from a lot of damage.