Plasti-dipped my whole bike!

Ivan_13

So I have a 2012 copper 6R. It took me nearly 2 days, but I managed to plasti dip my entire bike. And I think it looks ****ing awesome.

I did
-the front fairing
-the fairing over the front wheel
-the two fairings under the rear seat
-gas tank

Pictures are pretty dark, since I just finished (its almost 11pm over here..) but ill get some daylight pictures first thing in the morning.

Attachments

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

danieljardim

Too bad you're so far away..... if you're gonna dip the bike anyway, I'd trade you my raven tank and pieces! I searched states away when I was looking and couldn't find a dealer with a copper....

Anyway, so far looks good. Looks like you didn't do your whole bike yet. In a couple months when the school year is done, I'm gonna dip my bike orange, my friend's bike blue, and another friend's jeep camo green. It's good stuff, BUT WE NEED MOAR PICS!
I'm with MistahT, I look all over the place for a orange cooper one but couldn't find it. Ended it up buying a raven one a little bit without wanting it.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I'd do the WHOLE bike... To me, leaving the fairings, etc still normal it looks like its been in a wreck and half *** repaired. ;) Do it all and it will look more uniform. Just my opinion though.

And careful getting gas on it on your tank when filling up. PD does not like gas very much at all. WD-40 will eat it up as well.

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Ivan_13

I'd do the WHOLE bike... To me, leaving the fairings, etc still normal it looks like its been in a wreck and half *** repaired. ;) Do it all and it will look more uniform. Just my opinion though.

And careful getting gas on it on your tank when filling up. PD does not like gas very much at all. WD-40 will eat it up as well.
Do you really think it looks bad, with the fairings left normal? I think it looks pretty awesome. I was going for the raven look. I was considering doing the fairings too, but I really dig this look. That, and I just don't want to screw up the decals, in case I want to bring it back to its original color.

tatty2012

Do you really think it looks bad, with the fairings left normal? I think it looks pretty awesome. I was going for the raven look. I was considering doing the fairings too, but I really dig this look. That, and I just don't want to screw up the decals, in case I want to bring it back to its original color.
IMHO, it looks odd with having matte black tank, fender etc with glossy and decaled fairings.

Looks good otherwise!

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

behindXgrnXeyes

I guess we're very far apart distance-wise, but I'm gonna get a dip-your-car kit with the spray gun, so if anyone is local (or willing to come to Maryland) and wants dipped, buy the stuff and a 6-pack and call it done! :D

You can make it work with spray cans, it's just a lot harder to get the best possible results
Well I'd say come enjoy a good Florida vacation and bring EVERYTHING you need BUT im selling her :(

If anyone wants a bike to practice on, she is for a good price! lmao:deadhorse:

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
I dont think the stickers would stick too good to the plasti-dip.