Pictures/ Video of my Air Scoop Switchback LEDs,TBR exhaust,Yamaha OEM led turn

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Chris12

...I know Cali of all places doesn't have inspection for bikes...
This is definitely the wackiest part of the whole thing.

Cars in CA that are 3-4 years or older are subject to SMOG inspection. So things like LT headers which move or replace the stock cat. are out - unless you're willing to swap before/after.

But motorcycles, which have this stringent dB requirement are exempt from SMOG or any type of mechanical inspection whatsoever.

Motorcycles can be loud, but most are much more fuel efficient than a majority of vehicles on the street today.

In the legislators dream for this state, we'd all be splitting lanes in Vespas, six wide on every congested three lane freeway :D

New eBay red CNC oil cap:

Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Chris12

Link? I like it, but I'd have to clean up my rims.
If it has the tuning fork in front, you want the 9" decal length

Yamaha Decal Vinyl Sticker Set of 2 for Car Truck Window Motorcycle R6 R1 Laptop | eBay

I may find a way to mount them up front. I like the led strips, but I'd like something brighter.
If you're willing to drill, it would be easy to face the eagle eyes up or down, but it'd take more creativity to face them forward.

For reference:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
From your thread I bought the EU Yamaha stalks. Front are installed but I still need to powder coat the tail tidy before the rears go in.

The front DRL rock.... as do the little eagle eye.... good finds!

600riders.com finalimpact build thread.. .. ..

It was snowing so I brought stuff inside. Lets see if hotlinking works???

Chris12

From your thread I bought the EU Yamaha stalks. Front are installed but I still need to powder coat the tail tidy before the rears go in.

The front DRL rock.... as do the little eagle eye.... good finds!

600riders.com finalimpact build thread.. .. ..

It was snowing so I brought stuff inside. Lets see if hotlinking works???

Thanks for the pictures Randy.

Those f'ers really are bright. I love the way they add to the "chiseled" look of the bike.

Please post pictures of the rears once you get them on!

Chris12

Bought some new SS m5 x 16 bolts for my windscreen. I went with SS to match the rest of the bolts on my bike.

If this inspires anyone to upgrade their windscreen bolts, be creative with your search terms. 10 bolts cost me $1.89, some other sellers charge much more.

** I bought the oem size for the bolts m5 x 16, but slightly longer or shorter bolts will work as long as they are M5.

Bolts

Before:

After:

Last edited:
You are staying busy! Perhaps do the suspension next?

On the FZ6 we can populate forward firing lights inside the main headlights. See picture above and they call them POD lights....
Anyway, I made switchback circuit that turns off the DRL while that side turn indicator is on and flashes the pod light in sync with the indicator.... It uses 8 components and a small PCB which is powered by the DRL power. Its rated at 2 amps so it is for LED use only. When the rest of the parts come in, I'll complete it and post up. Depending on needs and delay before switchback I have it setup for a 1 second delay after last turn indicator flash. The solid state flasher I have is 90 flash/min or 1 every 0.66 seconds hence the 1 sec delay.

Let me know if you have a need for somthing like this. Its roughly $13 in parts and solder skills to assemble.

Chris12

You are staying busy! Perhaps do the suspension next?

On the FZ6 we can populate forward firing lights inside the main headlights. See picture above and they call them POD lights....
Anyway, I made switchback circuit that turns off the DRL while that side turn indicator is on and flashes the pod light in sync with the indicator.... It uses 8 components and a small PCB which is powered by the DRL power. Its rated at 2 amps so it is for LED use only. When the rest of the parts come in, I'll complete it and post up. Depending on needs and delay before switchback I have it setup for a 1 second delay after last turn indicator flash. The solid state flasher I have is 90 flash/min or 1 every 0.66 seconds hence the 1 sec delay.

Let me know if you have a need for somthing like this. Its roughly $13 in parts and solder skills to assemble.
I think the next item on my list may be a saddleman seat:

I've been increasingly impressed with your electronic knowledge. Where did you learn all this? If it's all self taught I'll be amazed.

I am definitely interested in learning more about how you've set up this switchback circuit. One of the eagle eye lights I purchased was three wire with white color light on one leg and amber light on the other. I assumed it would switchback, but it didn't. The white leds were more numerous so when I hit the turn signal and the amber came on, it was less than obvious.

I wouldn't set up a switchback circuit for the cheapo eagle eye lights, but it piqued my interest.

If you have any more information on how you set up the switchback circuit and the exact parts you used, and you have free time, please post them or send me to me.

Thanks!

Chris

Last edited:
Books man! You gots to read lots!
I've been tinkering with crap since I was a kid building circuits on a Radio Shack board with a big instruction booklet. Houses, cars, boats, RV, sand rails, I've wired a few things in my time and continue to troubleshoot problems.... It's like a game of chess, play until you win!

The info will be in my build thread on 600riders.com . The next step will be water proofing it.... I wish I could find a male turn indicator connector and it would be a total drop in P&P to the oem harmes. If you stumble upon one, let me know! Basically the 3 pin round connector used at all 4 corners....

Peak at this; they have every connector for our bikes but the one I need. Shop here before molesting your bikes wiring harness - corsa-technic.com

Chris12

.... I wish I could find a male turn indicator connector and it would be a total drop in P&P to the oem harmes. If you stumble upon one, let me know!
I have these male turn signal connectors,

But I have a feeling that you're looking for the harder to find female connectors. I believe that easternbeaver.com has them: NT-040

Electrical knowledge- I was the guy in high school that wired up everyone's stereo, then hid lights w/ relays, and now leds / accessories. Ive also bought and sold a few fixer uppers upon which I got introduced to basic 120V wiring.

But I lack in depth knowledge of circuits and all the other more in depth stuff you seem to have figured out. I will check out your thread for more info.

Chris12

Books man! You gots to read lots!
I've been tinkering with crap since I was a kid building circuits on a Radio Shack board with a big instruction booklet. Houses, cars, boats, RV, sand rails, I've wired a few things in my time and continue to troubleshoot problems.... It's like a game of chess, play until you win!

The info will be in my build thread on 600riders.com . The next step will be water proofing it.... I wish I could find a male turn indicator connector and it would be a total drop in P&P to the oem harmes. If you stumble upon one, let me know! Basically the 3 pin round connector used at all 4 corners....

Peak at this; they have every connector for our bikes but the one I need. Shop here before molesting your bikes wiring harness - corsa-technic.com
Edit to my last post:
You had it right regarding the male connection being on the bike and the female connection being on the turn signals. As you already knew it refers to the connection on the pin and not the plastic piece housing the pins. My bad.

^^^ thanks for looking!

Switchback DRL circuit with POD indicators is posted here on 600riders.com...

Post has the schematic, parts list, and timing diagram as well as board layout... switchback occurs ~1 second from last rising pulse of turn indicator actuation. It would look better if i cut it closer to 0.7 seconds but I doubt anyone cares or will notice for that matter.

PCBA layout:

Thread is 08 FZ6 Condensed Build thread ~Final Impact~
Now I'm looking to finish the rear. Our passenger rear sets unbolt and I plan to install amber light strips there for turn and maybe run lights. I'll let you know how it goes.