Perfect Cruising Seat Quest

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

onegin

Not to take away from what this thread is about. I really like the mods in this thread. For me though, i was on the same quest after my 150 mile ride to a rockford, IL. The solution for me was somewhat surprising, I just added "snowboarding" impact shorts (with hip/ass pads) to my safety gear, it would protect you somewhat in the crash, but more importantly it makes for a much more comfortable ride

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:
Y

yellowfz

Not to take away from what this thread is about. I really like the mods in this thread. For me though, i was on the same quest after my 150 mile ride to a rockford, IL. The solution for me was somewhat surprising, I just added "snowboarding" impact shorts (with hip/ass pads) to my safety gear, it would protect you somewhat in the crash, but more importantly it makes for a much more comfortable ride
Sorry couldn't resist : Home Page

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Superzoom

You guys know yamaha makes a comfort seat for $189 :eek:?
Actually, yes, I've known about that seat since the beginning. But the reviews have definitely been mixed. Some say it is slightly more comfortable, some say there is hardly a difference. I think it may be a gel seat, and gels in general are criticized as retaining heat.

The fact is that seats for sport bikes are designed to look good and be comfortable enough for the one minute you sit on a bike in the showroom. They are made to be minimal (in size and comfort) for aesthetics and for sporty riding (moving around a lot in the twisties). All these factors add up to a seat that is not great for longer distance riding.

My biggest peeve with sport bike seats by far is the trend to have them slope forward, giving them that not-so-great tendency to crush your nuts. I'm convinced that the slope is entirely to look "fast".

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member