Perfect Cruising Seat Quest

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

karl213

I just did a 300km trip on my new seat and it is great. Just go to an upholstery guy and get him to redo it.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member
Last edited:

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member
Reactions: JSP

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

After my 300 miles round trip to Key Largo last Friday I came to the conclusion that the 6R is a great bike. My next big thing is the seats. I don't have $500.00 to drop for a seat. I really think Corbin are making very nice seat, but very pricy... and it's not a 2 seater either. I like to keep it 2 seats...

So I like to have some of your idea and opinion on stuff out there. I did a little research around the site and on internet.

I know some of you did some custom work, let us know what you got and how good it is!

Thanks!
I got a guy that can make your seat feel like magic, I can get some prices and let you know marthy

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member
Last edited:

Jimi

Anyone had someone re-upholster the seat able to share what they paid? Considering it myself but on a budget as well.

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

karl213

latex foam, is what my guy said most the bikers get. That is what my seat foam is and it is damn comfortable

anson650

It might sound like it is too hot for Fl in the summer, but the next to cheapest and best seat solution I have found is a piece of sheep skin. Not the fake stuff the real thing. It is what is used in hospitals and nursing homes to keep old people from getting bed sores. It is cool when it is hot and warm when it is cold. Saved my butt and $'s.
Anson

Y

yellowfz

Will be following this thread , aside from the windscreen the seat is the next project for me as well , the FZ6R is a perfect bike once you get a few tweaks done , handlebars , windscreen , seat , to name a few .
Will be watching for ideas and links to seat upholsterers .

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member