PC-V Map

joloy133

Here is the final map values from the PC-V install.........(a copy of the graph is in the "All Albums" section under Joloy), in case I don't do this right. Am very satisfied with the mod.;)

Attachments

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Very nice numbers!! I am hoping to get the money together for a Juice Box, then get it on with a K&N air filter to complete the "respiration" mods to the bike. Should make some pretty good power with the TBR. :rockon:

oyamyers

I'm lost:surrender::surrender::surrender:

joloy133

Agreed, a 15hp boost sounds good to me. Other than the power commander what else have you done?
All I've done is modify the stock exhaust, K&N air filter, and the PC-V professionally done on a dynamometer. The guys that did the work do serious speed modifications and they work closely with Dynojet, who manufacturers and designs the power commander.

joloy133

Be nice to see a before dyno run as well as the above.
I altered the stock exhaust before thinking about Dyno tuning. I originally just wanted to improve the sound. After a free dyno baseline, I went with the PC-V. ( The HP value after exhaust mod and before anything else was at 75)

GoGreen09

Joe - who made the PC-V mod for you? Also, how much did that set you back?

joloy133

Joe - who made the PC-V mod for you? Also, how much did that set you back?
JT&S performance in Sonoma, CA. They are inside the racetrack and have a website, 707-996-6103. I worked 15 years in the same Fire Dept. with Jim so my cost was $575. (There's been I price increase with the PC-V also!) Competitors in the area seem to go from $600 to $750, ($300 to $400 for labor).

cbzdel

There is a way to "share" the settings you got isn't there?? So others can input them into their PC's (wont be the same on someone else bike but it would be closer than stock settings with similar mods)

joloy133

There is a way to "share" the settings you got isn't there?? So others can input them into their PC's (wont be the same on someone else bike but it would be closer than stock settings with similar mods)
If there is I'm not the guy to do it. They did everything start to finish regarding that gizmo and I know they talked to a tech at Dynojet during the process. They have a working relationship with the co. as they set up some speed addicted teams that go to Bonneville every year to get/break records, their own included.

mfischler

Elite Member

joloy133

JT&S performance in Sonoma, CA. They are inside the racetrack and have a website, 707-996-6103. I worked 15 years in the same Fire Dept. with Jim so my cost was $575. (There's been I price increase with the PC-V also!) Competitors in the area seem to go from $600 to $750, ($300 to $400 for labor).
Hey GO, if you decide to do this let me know your values. I'm talking to a fellow member who's numbers are way low and I want to figure it out. Thx

Root Down

Can these things hurt the bike? I'm curious if its not professionally done or is done by a professional hap-hazardly could I run into engine life issues by installing a PC-V? Is the dyno mandatory thus creating additional cost above and beyond the $300 up front for the PC-V?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Can these things hurt the bike? I'm curious if its not professionally done or is done by a professional hap-hazardly could I run into engine life issues by installing a PC-V? Is the dyno mandatory thus creating additional cost above and beyond the $300 up front for the PC-V?
The dyno tune is not mandatory, but it would give you the optimum settings for the bike and what mods you may have done. If the settings aren't dumping gobs of fuel into the engine, or starving it of fuel, you shouldn't have to worry about engine life issues. What it will do is allow you to finely adjust fuel supply for increased air flow from a high-flow filter and exhaust.

You really don't have to worry, as long as the settings are within what would be considered a normal range around the ideal settings. So there is some leeway that would still be in the usable range without causing damage.

OTTF

With a laptop you can download the PC map which will show the Commander settings. That would be interesting to look at though obviously only applicable to the PC-V.

My numbers aren't nearly as high and I have the full TB, PC, K&N setup. But, for me, it does run great!
joloy133-Have you looked into downloading the information from the PC on your laptop from your bike as of yet?
I would like to have a look at the config to see what yours is set up as opposed to my settings.

msgirle

???

Can someone explain what PC-V is? I have no idea and want to understand what you guys are talking about! LOL! Sorry, just a chick trying to get more informed! LOL:steve:

mfischler

Elite Member

joloy133

joloy133-Have you looked into downloading the information from the PC on your laptop from your bike as of yet?
I would like to have a look at the config to see what yours is set up as opposed to my settings.
No I haven't,.....sorry. I've moved on to suspension upgrades. I'll inquire as to how to do this and get back to you. Give me a few days............I've been dealing with other less fun issues of late.