Passing down the 6R!

redprodigy35

So....

I might get some flak (or love) for this but...

I pulled the trigger on a '13 Triumph Street Triple R this weekend!:D
Bike is being delivered to dealer now because they didn't have "crystal white". Got a belly pan, flyscreen, engine guards, and frame sliders from the get-go.

6R is going to my best friend as his first (serious,road) bike. :thumbup:

The 6R still has more than I could have given it. Great beginner bike, that is not all that beginner @7.5k on the tach and beyond!
Thankfully it is going to my best bud, and will stay by my side so to say. I will probably see more of it actually, instead of being the the 1st person POV, when me and said bud go riding. He's still got his MSF to get done (scheduled), and trying to get goin with his permit status slowly in parking lots to start off with. I'm sure he'll be joining up on here soon if he hasn't already.

Basically I got the Triumph because of the 3 cylinder engine... Well that's where the bug got me. Then you add up the rest of the bike (especially the R) and the package is great in a similar way that the 6R is. Apparently it is thought of pretty beginner friendly as well... Either way I am thrilled, I have a new riding buddy, and the bike doesn't stray far.

The 6R and this forum have coincidentally both been great. You guys are a blast, and I don't think any other forum for a particular model shares the same vibe.
I of course still plan on stopping in from time to time!

JSP

Super Moderator
Congrats! :thumbup:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

redprodigy35

Thanks guys!
I promise pics and potentially GoPro footage on pickup day!

BKP

Congrats on the new ST!

When I was looking for the 6R, the Street Triple was in strong contention... great bike.

I wonder if Yamaha's new triple engine that they've been leaking info about will find its way into a future 6R...

Best of luck with it...

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

CtrlAltDl

Congratulations, I'm actually shopping for Triumph right now. I'm keeping my 6R for now, but I'm selling my interceptor, so I can buy a Sprint ST (3rd Gen 05-10).

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

redprodigy35

Congratulations on the ride!!! Should be a nice experience!

Did they have one that you atleast got to test or are you buying just on research.... And of course Nastybutlers constant crooning over the bike! :D
I did not get to test one but have heard only good things about the ergos, and the time I have spent on it in the showroom leads me to believe it is pretty comfy.

I compared the 6R and ST-R on Motorcycle Ergonomics and it seems like a nice amount of comfort level for the performance. The '13MY R spec has been noted by almost every review I've read to have a great amount of traction, and low center of gravity, due in part to the exhaust changing from the traditional dual undertail design.

Test rides around here (North NJ) are pretty rare from what I gather. I've only seen promotional demo days, but nothing of the sort where you could go to a dealer and nicely ask...

I know that doesn't do much, however I trust that the bike will supersede all my expectations.

I also bought the 6R without a test ride and didn't regret a min of it. Just saying...

I dunno... People say you can't get that much feeling by sitting on a bike. I kinda beg to differ... If you saddle a S1000RR, or even a 600 SS correctly I think that the ergo's are painfully (pun intended) obvious.