Passenger Pegs

faisi13

Hey guys

I bought a 2009 Yamaha Fz6R was told it didnt come with passenger pegs, when researching as to where to purchase them i realized that the arm that holds the pegs had been sawed off and painted and i didnt notice. Now to replace those parts it would cost me 280 for one side and 320 for the other , now unless i find this bike in the wreckers where i can pick up these parts which is unlikely since its quite new.
IS there anyone out there who has done a custom MOD to put rear pegs other then the spot allocated to them by Yamaha?

Any one have any cost efficient ways i can get some passenger pegs??

Thanks

JSP

Super Moderator
If i recall... Someone did custom fab some rear pegs. Cannot find the thread though... That sucks though.

richierich781

check out fleabay, it might be a lot cheaper for you. here's a link

fz6r pegs | eBay

richierich781

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

faisi13

I think some of you guys are missing the point. He's not just missing the pegs; he's missing the entire back half of the bracket that the pegs are mounted to.

Did you buy this bike from a forum member? I remember one of our members did this exact mod, where he cut the brackets off behind the rider peg mounts.

For the entire setup, you could get away with it for $150.

FZ6R SHIFTER PEG REARSET BRACKET YAMAHA FZ6-R 09 10 | eBay
FZ6R RIGHT PEG REARSET BRACKET YAMAHA FZ6-R 09 10 | eBay

Thank you soo much! thats what i was looking for, i am still looking for just the bracket but the price isnt too bad for the entire set up!!!
Thanks

Chucker

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you soo much! thats what i was looking for, i am still looking for just the bracket but the price isnt too bad for the entire set up!!!
Thanks
You're very welcome!

Just FYI, the bracket just itself brand new is $150. Might help you down the road if you find someone selling or decide to get the ones from eBay.

faisi13

You're very welcome!

Just FYI, the bracket just itself brand new is $150. Might help you down the road if you find someone selling or decide to get the ones from eBay.
150 each side?
cuz I went to a dealer in Toronto where im from the guy said 280 and 320 for each side!
it was ridiculous for me to take passengers i would have to spend about 800 bucks cuz it was 280 + 320 for each bracket plus 80 bucks a side for pegs with all the nuts! ridiculous, so the e-bay guy for 150 with everything is a good deal!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
150 each side?
cuz I went to a dealer in Toronto where im from the guy said 280 and 320 for each side!
it was ridiculous for me to take passengers i would have to spend about 800 bucks cuz it was 280 + 320 for each bracket plus 80 bucks a side for pegs with all the nuts! ridiculous, so the e-bay guy for 150 with everything is a good deal!
Yep, roughly $150 each side. Go to
http://www.cyclepartswarehouse.com/fiche_section_detail.asp?section=1049221&category=Motorcycles&make=YAMAHA&year=2009&fveh=28563 and look for parts #45 and #20.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member