Painted GIVI PLX Luggage

blbillydog

Here are some pictures of my PLX bags. I painted them myself and they match perfectly. Love the bags... maybe a little wide but wouldn't be without the convenience. The PLXR removable racks works great and are virtually invisible when removed. Highly recommend.

Attachments

Heineken

Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Simply awesome!

That looks amazing! I love how you color matched them. :thumbup::thumbup:

I just need to save the dough to get me a set of hard bags as well. :eek:

ME_with_a_B

Those bags look fantastic, blbillydog. Makes the FZ6R look like a mini-version of the FJR ;)

llervero

Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Color matching bags makes the bike so much better. Good job

Mart Man FZ6R

Super nice job. That's one expensive way to hide the ugly fender. HEHE

gearhead

That is so impressive! Great job.

matt_not_andrew

I use the same PLXR luggage rack and cases - very handy to be able to remove them because I had a PLR set on my Bandit and they started rusting after 1 winter.
I also have a Kappa topbox with Givi rack - not removable but very handy and makes my Diversion look like a full sports tourer.

Heineken

Elite Member

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Heineken

Elite Member

blbillydog

Cost...

About what did they run as a package? Are the soft inserts separate?

I had the bags from previous bike (07 VERSYS) and bought new brackets for $250cdn all taxes and shipping included. Cheaper brackets are available but the quick release can't be beaten. Paid around 500cdn for bags. Plastic primer for paint was $15 at NAPA. Bought color-rite custom matched aerosol for $101 but they turned out school bus yellow and looked like crap so I got my money back on the custom mixed paint.

Here is the kicker.... went to TSC and bought basic Tremclad yellow for $6 and clear coat for $15. The match is perfect.

I don't have the soft inserts... bags are so easy to remove and carry that I don't see the value of having them.

Last edited:

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

matt_not_andrew

Does the center stand comes standard on the diversion? And if not, what did you get?
In the Uk the naked bike, the XJ6 , has a side stand with no centre stand. The XJ6S (Diversion - half faired - my version) has a side stand and a centre stand. The XJ6F (faired version like the FZ6R but with a single piece seat) I think has a side stand only but could be wrong.

I make a habit of trying to buy bikes with a centre stand. The benefits for cleaning and servicing outweigh the aesthetics for me.

I'm not sure if you can buy the centre stand as standard option but it may (or may not) interfer with some of the replacement exhaust I see you guys are fitting.

Heineken

Elite Member

owldaddy

Looking at the pic of matt_not_andrew bike, I can see why the Puig screen doesn't fit the US version of the FZ6R. The fairing is different, and so is the shape of the screen. They need to stop selling that thing here.

Roaddawg

I got the SW-Motech center stand, and yes probably will interfere with the after market exhausts, but nobody verified yet that. Maybe soon I'll meet another FZ6R who has the 2bro exhaust and I will see what's what.
Arcflash confirmed that the SW-Motech center stand DOES NOT work with the TB exhaust a while back. So, it probably won't work with other aftermarkets as well.