Outgrew the FZ6R...

rmbeuc

Just curious tho... Is there a reason u went for the 2012 vs a 2011 or earlier? I read that the 2012 is 475 lbs and that the traction control is not very effective on the street.
I've engaged the TC a couple times now (sand and a bump around a corner) but it's not very noticeable... I almost got the 2011 in Red, but i just loved the 2012. I hope to get the bike on the track down here after some classes and really try to get that TC working! But the 2011 and older are awesome too.

Alex6

A great looking bike, Congrats!

The under-seat exhaust is my favorite option from the appearance standpoint. At the same time I heard complains on the extensive heat directed to the rider as a result. Could you comment on this?

RooKie

Thanks again bud! Here's a pic of me just outside Jerome! That road was gnarly!
Totally! I was grinning for days after that ride :D

yfz6r

Both. Sedona is a killer place to ride and the guy at the bike shop said there are tracks all over. I'll be getting out there more when it's not 105 degrees!
Lucky! I don't have crap around me. Yet so many people drive their supersports around town redlining it the whole way

rmbeuc

A great looking bike, Congrats!

The under-seat exhaust is my favorite option from the appearance standpoint. At the same time I heard complains on the extensive heat directed to the rider as a result. Could you comment on this?
The heat can be really bad, especially in AZ and especially with jeans on. When it's running at 180-195 it's not too bad but when it's over 200 it gets hot! The bike does NOT like to be stopped haha and the temp goes up quick at stoplights. I'm going to get some icon riding pants and I think that will help ( and when the temp is <100 degrees that will be a huge help)

RoadTrip

just keep riding and do at least half hour with dumbells every week, the core will adapt

edit: dont do the dumbells on the bike :)

applejax

The heat can be really bad, especially in AZ and especially with jeans on. When it's running at 180-195 it's not too bad but when it's over 200 it gets hot! The bike does NOT like to be stopped haha and the temp goes up quick at stoplights. I'm going to get some icon riding pants and I think that will help ( and when the temp is <100 degrees that will be a huge help)
I have the icon hooligan mesh pants. I love them.

Detrich

My R6 gets pretty damn hot when stopped at traffic lights on a hot day or if the engine temps get over 200•F...

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Detrich

I can always hear the fans kick in when the temps get high. They makes a high pitched whine. And it gets really hot between the thighs. lol. x_X

Bradlockard

So are you fully happy with it? I'm seriously considering upgrading. Idc about the speed i want the power. Sick of my boys running off and leaving me in the straights. Keep up with them in the corners. I love the fz6r but "we need more power!"

Bradlockard

I almost got the blue 2012, it looks mean man. If my 6R wasn't blue I may have pulled the trigger on that one.
Did they have the one with the weird graphics? Not the anniversary edition. And if so are they, vinyl graphics or paint? I think it would be sick all white yeahhhhhh