Out of alignment.

danieljardim

I don't know if it's me or if it's normal. Everytime I ride. I look at the ignition cylinder and to flat part on top of it doesn't seem to be aligned with center of cluster.

It's off about 1mm, but I'm just to anal and is driving me crazy. I tried to take a picture but I don't think will do justice to it.

Should I bring to the dealer and let them re align the fairings?

danieljardim

I think that you are being a bit anal....I wouldn't worry about it, everything is fine. The dealer will most likely laugh at you for bringing it in for that.
:rof: I know that !!!! The problem when I ride is driving me freaking crazy... hahahahah. I think my whole bike is out of alignment.

SpawnXX

Premium Member

ajskillz13

Yea... it's plastic... You'll never get a perfect fit with parts like that. I am the same way about things, but I understand that there's no way all the plastics will line up perfectly with the way they are done on our bike. I would expect differently at a premium price point (Ducati, BMW etc)

Chucker

Get over it.

danieljardim

I really do think it's your eyes playing tricks on you. Tire pressure can play tricks on you too. Do you notice it only when you are sitting? If it was visually more drastic than I would be worried.
It's maybe 1mm worst when moving. so would make 2 mm off. more noticeable. maybe is the way I'm riding and not holding handlebars really straight. I don't know.

:facepalm:

danieljardim

Well, if it is worrying you while you are riding, perhaps you should not be looking at that while you're riding....perhaps look at the road...

:spank: :D
I know that, the problem is that Im constantly looking at my speedometer due to my commute has a lot of long 25mph school zone roads and also a lot of cops hiding behind bushes and buildings waiting to nail you a ticket. :(

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Chucker

It's probably just that your fairing brackets are off a bit. Give your fairing a bit of a hip check on the right side and see what happens.

RooKie

I know that, the problem is that Im constantly looking at my speedometer due to my commute has a lot of long 25mph school zone roads and also a lot of cops hiding behind bushes and buildings waiting to nail you a ticket. :(
I have the same problem with mine and it doesn't bother me while riding at all... BUT it does IRRITATE THE HECK OUT OF ME whenever I'm giving my bike a nice wash down or simply standing next to it admiring it.

Fairing has been crooked for almost 2 years now and I had almost forgotten (stopped carrying) about it until you guys mentioned it... thanks! lol.

fltdriver

I've got a slighty larger clearance between the cowl and the gas tank on the right compared to the left. And like you the "gap" is slightly larger on the right. It's been said before but motorcycles aren't the same on both sides. They have to work all the needed parts into the bike somehow, sometimes concentric design has to give way to mechanical necessaties.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member