One more Custom FE…sorry

B46

After seeing the many different modifications or custom Fender Eliminators others have done and contributed to this forum, I would like to add my finished product to the list.

In fear of being excommunicated by some riders in my area, I need to dump the stock tow anchor.:justkidding:

I started drawing and measuring the dimensions. I took the file to a local Water-jet engineering company and was given a nice piece of aluminum…

I happily ran to the body shop to start bending it… using a standard brake I realized not all aluminum is the same; while bending the piece it snapped. Welding was not an option.

More Research…

With the help of some very nice friends, a stainless steel and a more bendable aluminum version was made and bent. While I’m able to bend the aluminum with a little force, the SS was solid to the touch.

I added a little color…

A mock up and assembly was in order…

I like it…now the finish product.

Since making this FE, I have designed a new one which would incorporate aftermarket lights; I’m just stuck on manufacturing the LED boards.

Thanks for viewing, hope you like it.:)

Edd

Wow, did you draw this in CAD? Could we get a copy of the drawing so we can blatantly rip off your design and take it to our local water jet company too?

I'm very impressed with this FE, it looks as professional as all of the ones I've seen on the market.

Fantastic job :)

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

B46

Thanks

Wow that looks great even with the stock blinkers. Great work any pictures of your lastest FE?
Thanks, I still need to make the LED blinker board so I can get proper dimensions for the bracket. I would post soon.
:cool: WOW! That's pretty impressive! Now all you have to do is make a few more and sell me one :thumbup:
Thank you, if you know of a CNC or Waterjet company in your area and someone who can bend metal I can send you the file to cut. I have an aluminum one left, don’t know what I’m going to do with it…thinking anodize it maybe…not sure, probably sell it.
Wow, did you draw this in CAD? Could we get a copy of the drawing so we can blatantly rip off your design and take it to our local water jet company too?

I'm very impressed with this FE, it looks as professional as all of the ones I've seen on the market.

Fantastic job :)
I drew it in Illustrator of all programs. Will pm you the file i used (I can export CAD if you need). Thank you for the comments.
Do you know what grade aluminum was used the second time around and as requested can we get the measurements or what was used to create it?

I'm in South US but I have family deep north west Canada who can make this and ship it to me at no cost.
I forgot what grade was used the second time around…:confused:I think it was 7075, I’m going to check with the engineer that picked it. I making pdf instructions along with the file I used to cut it. Will pm you soon.
Looks great! Too bad I'm not in need of a FE.
Thank you.:)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

Oh man , wish you would have done this sooner . I had to use a E-Bay aluminum one and modify it to do just what you did .
Very nice job . :thumbup:
I like the way all the stock electronics are used .
If you made them for someone else could you do a custom build , like the blinker mount , and make it come out a 1/2" before it started it's bend ?

Last edited by a moderator:

B46

same here would love to have that info!!!!
Great job and welcome to the site :)
Thank you. Pm sent.

Being a machinist myself, I really do appreciate the craftsmanship and a job very well done. If you ever decide to produce a few of those with the stock blinkers set up I might be interested to get one.
Thank you, much appreciated.

I too am interested in one of these.
PM sent.

Oh man , wish you would have done this sooner . I had to use a E-Bay aluminum one and modify it to do just what you did .
Very nice job . :thumbup:
I like the way all the stock electronics are used .
If you made them for someone else could you do a custom build , like the blinker mount , and make it come out a 1/2" before it started it's bend ?
Since the day i got my bike I went crazy for new things but had little time. I could modify the design for you to meet the 1/2" extension. I sent you the original files but would send the modified ones tonight. thanks.

If anyone wants a copy just PM me with your email and I would send it out. If anyone have improvements or suggestions let me know...also let me know about grammar mistakes. :) Any question email me or pm.

I have made a change to the walk-thru and added a blinker ring file for those of you who don't like the idea of zip ties. let me know and I would send it to you. best of luck.

Y

yellowfz

Got the e-mail , yes the 1/2" would be nice . Will drop by and see what file extension (.eps or .dxf) he needs for the Water Jet he has , again thanks .

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Very nice work! Can you please send me the file as well? Much appreciated!