On the hot seat...

TokenSSDD

I could use some advice. Since it's summer and we don't have a ton of cloud coverage where I'm at it's hot as all get out. I don't normally mind the heat but this is my first full summer with the bike and I'm noticing that the tank and the seat are ridiculously hot. The seat I can deal with; however the tank is killing me as I can't grip it with my legs anymore for more than a few seconds at a time. Does anyone have any ideas to help out with this? I was thinking about the traction grip pads for the sides but I don't know if those will be any cooler. Ideas?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Los

I go through the same thing, I live in Tampa...and it's hot as hell right now. I try my best to park under some shade whenever possible, I think that's the only thing we can do, like Marthy said. The tank itself has nvr been an issue, r u riding in shorts?:cool:

ajskillz13

Just pack a towel and find a way to fasten it to cover the tank and seat. Quick, cheap and easy.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

MustGoFaster

Living in the Valley of the Unrelenting Gaseous Ball of Doom Which Done Burns Everything Alive, I've learned the following:

1) Park in the shade, always and forever! My office is at a strip mall, I park so I can literally look out the window at it. It chills 15 ft from where I usually sit. The overhang protects it, and I can keep an eye on it.

2) Buy a decent cover. I've got a 1/2 cover which just takes care of the top of the bike. I used to do that at my last job since there was no shade nearby.

3) It was 115 when I was riding the other day, but I really couldn't feel the heat on the tank unless I put my hand on it. Like the previous dooder asked, be ye ridin' in shorts? This may be the problem, lol.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

MustGoFaster

Hmmm. I guess living in Alaska has other advantages besides the scenery. The high where I live is supposed to be 59 degrees F. A bit on the cool side. I'm hoping it warms up into the 60's soon. :D
Picture_2_c.jpg

The sun hates my face always here. I hates you. :p (Yes, I'm jelly, bro.)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

TokenSSDD

r u riding in shorts?:cool:
While I do have the occasional squid-inspired moment (i.e. no jacket, just gloves and a helmet) I only ride in shorts if I'm going to play basketball, and even then I have some tear away pants that I wear over those. I don't have any actual riding pants so it's mostly riding to and from work with slacks on. Maybe I should just pick up some pants... I swear it's so hot that I saw the devil wheelie past me on a Panigale lol...

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Chevyfazer

Riding pants FTW!!!

But if you think that's hot, try riding a previous stock FZ6 with the under seat exhausts, now that's hot!!!

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member