Ok maybe I'm just being a jerk...

AngryAnt

Ok so for background I'm a computer programmer in a small office of less than 10 people.

So we got this new guy a little while back, his office is next to mine, kinda in the corner of he building. He does his job alright I suppose, but I'm about to go mad at his personality 'quirks'.

For starters, anytime the going gets tough and people get stressed and angry, dude literally breaks down and cries. Grown man. With kids. Not just a *sniff* and a tear or two, I'm talking straight up balling and wailing like a 3 year old that got kicked by a pony. People walk on ice around him b/c they don't want to set him off and him make a scene. Furthermore, he likes to talk about all his personal junk and share his emotional feelings with everybody at work, including me, who could quite frankly give a damn.

Ok so some people just can't help it if they're in touch with their feminine side a little too much. That's not the end of it.

Keep in mind this is a small office, thin walls, his office is by mine, and the bathroom is right across from both our offices. He takes a sh*t two, sometimes three times in a 8 hour shift, like clockwork. That part doesn't annoy me, except he takes such an enormously LOUD sh*t that I'm afraid people I'm on the phone with can hear him dropping kids off at the pool. It's terrible, almost like some kind of comical farce you have to hear to believe. Not to mention my office smells like fruit-flavored @$$ 6 hours a day as the secretaries try to mask the smell with Glade.

Then on top of that, dude just likes to stand in people's door ways, watch them work, and slurp his coffee.

Am I a complete dick, or would I be terribly justified in just tearing this guy a new one, and tell him to 1) grow a pair and 2) learn some manners and sh*t at home every now and then.

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

AngryAnt

Are you ****ing kidding me? That is insane.

You would be out of line for saying something to him about the bowel movements. That could get you in trouble because for all you know he has a medical condition.

But ripping him for breaking down at work is perfectly fine IMO....crying on the regular is unacceptable. That's not being sensitive, that is a performance issue. If he can't manage his emotions at work, he needs to go.

That just chaps my ass. I don't care if you are straight as an arrow or gay as a fruit cup, if you are a man you should act like a man. I can hang out with gay guys all damn day long if they act like men, but I have zero tolerance for effeminate men.
You make a good point about the medical condition I suppose. I guess I'll just have to live with my noise cancelling headphones and hope my olfactory nerves eventually just burnout :eek:

The crying junk is already past old. I left work last week once it was so bad, I was *actually* scared the guy was gonna snap and shoot up the place or something. Locked himself in the bathroom and started wailing, all because him and his wife had a tat. Not like he's going through a divorce or his mom died or nothing. He once cried because his wife wouldn't buy him a playstation. No, I'm not making that up.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

DragonBlu

AngryAnt,yes I think you are being a jerk! The poor guy is probably still nursing. :D:wav:

bmw675

this makes me glad to work by myself. I do not see a single person until shift change. I don't think i could handle that type of distraction. Maybe he has an angle. Maybe he is hoping someone snaps at him so he can say he can't work in a hostile environment. :don'tknow:

If not, that is crazy. I do not know how some people can not care how their actions affects other people. I may be overly critical with how others perceive my work ethic, but the things you listed are just over the top for anyone.

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

kevin8198

Elite Member

madmike

Lord Humongous
Elite Member

AngryAnt

this makes me glad to work by myself. I do not see a single person until shift change. I don't think i could handle that type of distraction. Maybe he has an angle. Maybe he is hoping someone snaps at him so he can say he can't work in a hostile environment. :don'tknow:

If not, that is crazy. I do not know how some people can not care how their actions affects other people. I may be overly critical with how others perceive my work ethic, but the things you listed are just over the top for anyone.
I don't think he's got an angle, I found out after the fact he did the same thing at his old job over some drinks with a former co-worker. At this point, I'm hoping we make him cry often enough he'll consider going back to his old job (which he's already talked about). I've told him to man up and learn how to take it and how to deal it more than once, claims he doesn't like "being aggressive"...wtf? :shakehead:

Still on top of this I found out he talks smack about everybody at this job to everybody at his old job, how horrible we treat him and yell at him for no reason and all...which is b.s.

*sigh* I guess ima hafta choke a biatch.

Hellgate

Holy Crap! No pun intended...

What if you printed this thread off and hung it on his door?

Have you spoken to your manager about this dude? I don't think you can stand on the sh*t issue (no pun intended, really) but the disruptive behavior in the work place is a big no-go.

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

AngryAnt

Is this a joke?! That sounds like an absolute nightmare!! I feel for ya bro...
I wish it were a joke, and I wouldn't really be smelling fruit-flavored @$$ right now. He hasn't had a breakdown this week, which I'm pretty sure is a record.

AngryAnt

Holy Crap! No pun intended...

What if you printed this thread off and hung it on his door?

Have you spoken to your manager about this dude? I don't think you can stand on the sh*t issue (no pun intended, really) but the disruptive behavior in the work place is a big no-go.

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk
Yeah, I have two managers. One punted it to the other for a decision, the other is one of those 'nice' ladies that can't stand to boot somebody no matter what the reason. I mean he does have kids (god help them) and all, but I think its just going to get drug out until there's no other choice but to boot him.

bmw675

I hope he doesn't snap

he wouldn't by chance look like this:

AngryAnt

I hope he doesn't snap

he wouldn't by chance look like this:
Unfortunately, no. I think I could get along with that guy.

Wooster

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Does his $hit smell like wear out condom? Maybe he get too much rear end action and he's running a bit loose... can't hold it! I'll just mess with him and make him cry all the time... Do you have a gopro so we can all enjoy the breakdown together?
JEEEEEZZZZZ! I fricken' lost it here at work reading that! :rof: Funny part is, this was most of my initial thoughts! :p

Yeah, I'd make him cry a lot too until he left or grew a pair. :rolleyes:

Roaddawg

That's just plain retarded. I would just start cracking up laughing when he started crying....that's just pathetic. I'd be ruthless with that fool! Take all the toilet paper out of the bathroom, shut the sink water off, and then stretch a piece of saran wrap over the bowl, but under the seat. (Let eveyone else know first)...then, sit back and enjoy the show. I would have a hard time not screwing with that guy. Thanks for the lunchtime amusement!! :p

Fizzer6R

do you have a local HR rep? if not, I'd still report it to the company HQ and simply say it bothers you that someone crys on the job, and this should be addressed ASAP as it is a HUGE distraction for yourself and others