Oh Snap! Pay attention to the roads and not the photogs!

BKP

Anyone know the outcome of this accident? The rider looks like he took some serious damage to himself.

However, he might just be fortunate the Vette was there to keep him from shooting off the mountain.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

redwing-2001

I was under the impression in my MSF course that the brakes would make the bike lean more into the ground in a corner and throttle would right you. My experience so far has been that brakes in the corner make you fall more into the corner and that throttle brings you more upright.
slow speed (like in he box during the BRC) especially grabbing the front brake will put you on the ground. At speed, like in these pictures, JSpansel is probably correct, he panicked-hit the brakes-made him straighten up-target fixation-ouch.

Is the photographer partly to blame? Somewhat unskilled rider showing off for the camera. If the photographer was not there, is it likley this crash would not have happened?

Maverick6r

Here are the details from my local motorcycle forum:

"That wreck left fluids down that about killed a local. He's still in critical condition and has a hit list that looks like this:

Fractured skull around orbital area
Missing top 4 teeth
Lip split up to nose
Broken neck
Broken back (again)
2 collapsed lungs
Multiple ribs broken on both sides
Lacerated liver
Busted up kidney
Heaving bruising on right side"

This could have still been avoided even after he was going in to the vette's lane if the rider wasn't so fixated on the vette.

And here's an image from the same corner, but the way that the corner SHOULD be taken. Dude gave the wave but still kept his eyes on the prize:

Chevyfazer

Is the photographer partly to blame? Somewhat unskilled rider showing off for the camera. If the photographer was not there, is it likley this crash would not have happened?
You really can't blame the photographer, it's the dragon everyone knows there are photog on just about every other corner. Plus being the dragon everyone also knows how dangerous it can be and just how quick things can go wrong. As harsh as this may sound, especially after reading his injury list, this very unfortunate guy learned a very hard lesson about the dragon and keeping your eyes on the road, and I'm quite sure he blames no one but himself. I supposed its possible to say that if the photog wasn't there it wouldn't have happened but the photog didn't make the guy focus on him that was the riders choice. IMO that would be like blaming a hot jogger for rear ending someone, or blaming McDonald's for making you fat.

Chevyfazer

Here are the details from my local motorcycle forum:

"That wreck left fluids down that about killed a local. He's still in critical condition and has a hit list that looks like this:

Fractured skull around orbital area
Missing top 4 teeth
Lip split up to nose
Broken neck
Broken back (again)
2 collapsed lungs
Multiple ribs broken on both sides
Lacerated liver
Busted up kidney
Heaving bruising on right side"

This could have still been avoided even after he was going in to the vette's lane if the rider wasn't so fixated on the vette.

And here's an image from the same corner, but the way that the corner SHOULD be taken. Dude gave the wave but still kept his eyes on the prize:

Sounds like he is very lucky to be alive!

If I'm not mistaken this is the infamous turn at mile marker 9 which has taken out quite a few riders and others from it being a completely blind turn thanks to the rock wall. Here's a pic of me on i think that same corner
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351079323.208089.jpg

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

FastFreddy

Looks like he did a flip like Nicky Hayden the other day.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuXtVFxHl3o]NICKY HAYDEN FLIP AND CRASH DURING MOTO GP ARAGON 01/10/2012 - YouTube[/ame]

tzrox

That list of injuries isn't for the guy who hit the Vette. It's a list of injuries of a guy who came later and crashed due to all the fluids on the road caused by that accident involving the Vette. No one that I've seen knows how the guy on the Triumph turned out.
That is so messed up. I feel like the cleanup crew that came should close off the section of the road if they can't wash off the fluids with some tough chemicals instead of just leave them there until it rains again.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Chevyfazer

I was looking over killboys weekly highlights and his bike on a tow truck made it. In the comments they said that they guy droped his bike right before making that run in the parking lot so more then likely he was a inexperienced rider, or just really has some shitty luck:

BrueThru

Sentient Being
Elite Member