Off road FZ6R???

JRT88

I was browsing reddit and found this on the front page. I do not know much about off roading but this is definitely interesting.

Just couldn't part it out : pics

Here is his info about the bike: Bike is a 2012 FZ6R that was totaled out at 1500 miles. I picked it up for cheap to part it out and thought better of it. But knobby tires on it dropped the front sprocket to a 12 from 16. Put a set of pro taper handle bars on it and it is a blast in the woods. Yes the front forks leave a little to be desired but that's soon to change.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

TheDude

I think you're really on to something. Here... hold my beer while I take my Goldwing with its new knobby tires on a test ride down Devil's Canyon.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

ninjaturtl

Not bad, obviously not a dirt bike, but still a barrel of fun. Wants to lift the front wheel in second gear, with that 12 tooth front sprocket, lol.

Superzoom

That looks like fun, but with the big, aggressive front tire, you would probably lose at least an inch off of suspension travel due to the tire hitting the front fender, meaning you would only have 4" of travel left, which is not great for off roading. You would have to take anything off road fairly slow.