Notice anything after first service?

fz6rwolf

Ok, I have noticed one thing. Before 1st service I was getting about 43mpg but my last 2 fill-ups I've gotten 48mpg and 50mpg.

MNDZA

I've been getting about 48mpg consistantly. Hope it doesn't go down after the first service. Isn't 48 kinda high? I don't ride conservatively most of the time and I weigh in at 240.

GoGreen09

I thought it was just me, but the engine felt a lot smoother after the service. I don't know what the original oil was, but my service tech put in 20W this time. This may have something to do with it. The biggest difference though is the mileage. I was getting around 45 before, now I'm averaging 50.

Roaddawg

I just completed my 600 mile service today at home. I was going to have the dealer do it, but read the owner's manual and realized how easy it was. I went down to the dealer and they said it would still be covered under warranty if I did it myself and kept the receipts. So, I bought the OEM oil, filter, and metal oil plug washer from the dealer ($47) since it's the first service. So glad I did the service myself. Helped my learn more about my bike (and what's under the fairing) and saved me about $150+ from the dealer service fees. Any recommendations on where to buy oil filters and oil besides the dealer?

MNDZA

joloy133

Sorry people, on a previous post regarding exhausts "Craven more etc." took a shot at me. I paraphrased his response back 2 him. Won't do anymore.....! He traded his FZ6R for a HD anyways.

MNDZA

Sorry people, on a previous post regarding exhausts "Craven more etc." took a shot at me. I paraphrased his response back 2 him. Won't do anymore.....! He traded his FZ6R for a HD anyways.
Traded for a HD? I was very close to getting a 1200 Sportster as my first bike, but didn't want to spend that much on my first bike. After riding my FZ6R and hitting the curves, I can't imagine ever buying a cruiser.

joloy133

I'm with U 100%. There's this 1 curve marked 25 mph on a route I run, 55 mph last go round but I have to cut this stuff out. (The bike is better than I am!) B good...........